VIRTUAL MACHINES..specific question

Thornhunt

ok within the running OS you can do the send /controsend strings to send words to specific programms ect ect

i was wondering. is it at all possible to send those words to a OS within a virtual machine

heres my problem

my OS: vista

virtual machine: Ubuntu linux

Virtual machine prog: VMware player

words needed: Login (enter) Password

i tried sending the words to the frame within the player(wich is running the virtual os, you will understand if you have used it) via its handle but it wasn't a success

all the reasorces are free and the ubuntu version is "ubuntu 9.04 desktop" again free from the VMware site

i require a urgent response for this question if it is possible. due to me needing to find another way around if it fails.

all help is greatly apreciated.

thankyou

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D

ssh/ telnet / VNC

Can any of these servers be set up on your virtual machine, and accessed / automated from the host machine?

wooa that went straight over my head.. ermm

i dont kno.. the problem i think is that autoit manipulates the player and not the OS in the frame.

if i open a notepad in ubuntu i want it to be able to type the words (with the script running from my os not the virtual machine). from there i will expand the scrip to other chores... but i havent used servers and such within the virtual machine yet (since it has only very recently became a necessity)

if you under stand any of that :D

P.S it would be mor usefull aswell if the virtual machine was not the active window aswell...

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D

Trying with VMWare worksatation, even if my mouse is over the client area of the window, ControlSend (to MKSEmbedded) does not work, but Send() does

So it looks like you might have to make sure your mouse is over the client area of the VM (so that your input is captured) and then just use a blind Send()

O.O thats wierd didnt work last time :D works now tho :D

thankyou verymuch :D

just going to try see if there is any way of controlsending it. to make it that little bit more easyer

also going to test some more virtual maching programs like virtualbox ect

:D once again thankyou verymuch :D

Make sure the Player Window is active, and the mouse is over the Client area, otherwise it will probably fail.

yup yup :D hehe .. waiting for iso to download for virtualbox. to see how it effects on there

at the end might be worth to whip the findings in a helpfile . for others .. or maybe a help thread to get stickied or somet to save others th time :D

gah 80% compleate

Edited by Thornhunt

yup yup :D hehe .. waiting for iso to download for virtualbox. to see how it effects on there

at the end might be worth to whip the findings in a helpfile . for others .. or maybe a help thread to get stickied or somet to save others th time :D

gah 80% compleate

Using virtual box in seamless mode (requires a little work to set up, but it's not too bad), you should be able to use a blind send just fine, I don't know about a control send though (I don't think it will know which control it's looking at). The mouse can go seamlessly between clicking the virtual machine and the host machine, so normal clicking shouldn't be a problem.