sending sentences

SaroAfk

I'm sure i already know the answer to this question, i couldnt find it doing searches but im sure i've ran across it here on the forums somewhere, is there anyway to send lines of text instead of 1 key ata time to a text window? The script im writing now needs speed, beyond humanly possible speed, and it keeps missing letters and stuff when im Sending them to the window, my question is this,

Is there a Sendall(" command or something im missing for Sendall("this is my text") and in 1 block it sends all the needed characters to the window instead of just pressing each key? And since their probably isn't, does anyone know the function windows uses to send a keystroke, you got the received, and send portions, i can't imagine it would be to difficult to write a function that used just the send 1/2 of a keystroke for a Send command.

Well, I answered my own question, kind of, I found a work around, because my app. supports pasting from clipboard I just used the ClipPut function and ^v, however I would still like to know if we can write a function for the 2nd 1/2 of key send for apps that don't necessarily support clipboard pasting.

This should do it:

Send("This is a long sentence that will be written by a machine at a super-human speed, no one could match it{!}")

If you want to make it faster Use:

Opt("SendKeyDelay",0)

The default is 5, the delay is in miliseconds, a delay of 0 means no delay, so it will type the characters at maximum speed your processor can handle (thats what I think)

Hope I could help, this works with me.

You probably should check ControlSetText() in the helpfile as this is usually the fastest and most accurate method to use for entering long strings of text into a control.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook