RegWrite didn't work perfectly !!

AlienStar

hello everybody

I'm making a script to turn off UAC in vista to change ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin to 0 but nothing happen when the script run

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin", "REG_DWORD", "0")

but I use RegWrite to change MenuShowDelay to 0 and it succeed

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "MenuShowDelay", "REG_SZ", "50")

please tell me why the first can't be executed

hello everybody

I'm making a script to turn off UAC in vista to change ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin to 0 but nothing happen when the script run

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin", "REG_DWORD", "0")

but I use RegWrite to change MenuShowDelay to 0 and it succeed

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "MenuShowDelay", "REG_SZ", "50")

please tell me why the first can't be executed

As it would be a huge security problem if programs could turn UAC off for themselves, I wouldn't doubt that key is protected by the OS.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law