ControlSend does not work for {RIGHT down} (for example)

namedrisk

Hi,

i am trying to send a key to a minimized window using controlsend, i can send all keys but {RIGHT down}...

ControlSend("My Window", '', '', "{RIGHT DOWN}")

is there a workaround or other method i could use ?

Also i have noticed that while it is sending keys it mess up if i use the keyboard in some cases ....

Edited by namedrisk

Will this work?

Hi,

i am trying to send a key to a minimized window using controlsend, i can send all keys but {RIGHT down}...

ControlSend("My Window", '', '', "{RIGHT}",0)
ControlSend("My Window", '', '', "{DOWN}",0)

is there a workaround or other method i could use ?

Also i have noticed that while it is sending keys it mess up if i use the keyboard in some cases ....

Can you send them separate? With two different controlsend lines, like I had?

like i said on the update it does not work i tried it the way you asked me to, but thanks a lot man ... every key works just fine but keys i send as DOWN or UP when the window is minimized

Edited by namedrisk

Try ControlSend("My Window", '', '', "{RIGHT} {DOWN}"). I assume you are trying to hold the right arrow key down for some reason.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Try ControlSend("My Window", '', '', "{RIGHT} {DOWN}"). I assume you are trying to hold the right arrow key down for some reason.

Thanks man i will try it out but from my understanding it will send both, the RIGHT key and the DOWN key and will not work as i want but i will try it right now... and update this topic

Not sure what you are trying to do, what keys are you trying to simulate?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

try

Send("{down 500}")

send down arrow keystroke x 500...

I wonder why Send("{down down}") is not working... In the help file it states that:

To hold a key down (generally only useful for games)

Send("{a down}") ;Holds the A key down

Send("{a up}") ;Releases the A key

but if you run Send("{a down}"), "a" key will be pressed(and released) just once... just like Send("a").. why? a bug?

Edited by Mison

Hi ;)