Why wont this work?

$CompileNow = "C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe /in " & $Au3File1 & " /out " & GUICtrlRead($FileDes) &" /Icon C:\Icon.ico /nodecompile /comp 0-4"
Run($Compilenow)

For a while ago, i was told its because the the whitespace in the destionation file:

"C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe"

And it works without the white space, but if the path to the Aut2Exe.exe file is not always the same, sometimes with white spaces, sometimes not.. how can i asure it allways works?

And how to write the commandline, when the command contains whitespaces? :)

• Developers

$CompileNow = "C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe /in " & $Au3File1 & " /out " & GUICtrlRead($FileDes) &" /Icon C:\Icon.ico /nodecompile /comp 0-4"
Run($Compilenow)

For a while ago, i was told its because the the whitespace in the destionation file:

"C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe"

And it works without the white space, but if the path to the Aut2Exe.exe file is not always the same, sometimes with white spaces, sometimes not.. how can i asure it allways works?

And how to write the commandline, when the command contains whitespaces?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$CompileNow = 'C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe /in "' & $Au3File1 & '" /out "' & GUICtrlRead($FileDes) &'" /Icon C:\Icon.ico /nodecompile /comp 0-4'

Or just use CompileAU3.exe standalone or via SciTE Ctrl+F7 ... :D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

$CompileNow = 'C:\My Folder\Aut2Exe.exe /in "' & $Au3File1 & '" /out "' & GUICtrlRead($FileDes) &'" /Icon C:\Icon.ico /nodecompile /comp 0-4'

Or just use CompileAU3.exe standalone or via SciTE Ctrl+F7 ... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i knew it was something abput the quotes, but not what, thx you so much :D