Another debugger for AutoIt

Heron

2 hours ago, asdf8 said:

How can I reproduce this error?

Sorry it is not a problem. I'm edit my post above. It is only in case when comment block is above of #include <DBUG.au3>.

2 hours ago, asdf8 said:

This is a special case of another problem. There also includes debugging scripts using PE-resources from the compiled applications, debugging script running as a service, debug interprocess communication scripts, etc. All this can be solved by debugging compiled script. The next version will have the opportunity to add to the source code debugger, which can then compile and debug in real conditions of use.

You are right. May be you can use the same method as I'm - stdout console.

You opinion on 3) ?

2 hours ago, pseakins said:

This example fails

This is a serious bug in the new version it will be fixed.

On 02.03.2016 at 5:03 PM, valdemar1977 said:

Very low on huge arrays. Not possible to select array columns range.

Well, if the array has more than 20 columns or more than 100 rows it will request to limit the output.

On 02.03.2016 at 5:03 PM, valdemar1977 said:

May be in future change all vars on $_DBUG_varname for excluding any future interfere with script vars?

Ok

4 hours ago, valdemar1977 said:

By the way @asdf8 why by default you put @Error in conditional breakpoints and @Error @Extended in commands? May be they need to be clear on first start?

Ok

2 hours ago, valdemar1977 said:

May be you can use the same method as I'm - stdout console.

I can return to the console, but do not see how it can help in other cases (except for the debug console applications)

16 hours ago, asdf8 said:

Well, if the array has more than 20 columns or more than 100 rows it will request to limit the output.

Hi @asdf8

Yes, it is right, but you limit array only by rows not by columns. For example if my array has 300 columns and I need to see values its not help me in this case. Also I'm found strange graphic issue with ArrayView window. Its look like a grey space at the right of spreadsheet. It is only for arrays with a number of columns more then 11 :D. Please run attached script and try to visualize $ArrayHuge. array.au3

Also I'm find that main _DBUG window is freeze on lot of time on huge (2000:2000 elements) arrays when I'm press pause. May be it is because you try to show a lot of values in main _DBUG window?

1 hour ago, valdemar1977 said:

Yes, it is right, but you limit array only by rows not by columns.

This possibility implies a new version.

Let me, in the near future, I will lay out a new version. Then, all together, we will find new bugs and verify old.

11 hours ago, pseakins said:

When hitting escape after debug session finished, keyboard/mouse focus does not always return to Scite editor.

There is a error. I thought it was because I use heavily modified editor.

11 hours ago, pseakins said:

I found 388 needed to be changed too.

It will be necessary to make a debugger initialization audit.

By the way, can somebody confirm or deny my assumption - TAB-control in the AutoIt, can often lead to the freezing of the application window?

It world be wonderful if during a debug session the next debug statement in the scite source code would be always visibile - I mean that scite should automatically scroll text.

It would be very useful if coders need to debug code inside functions.

Not sure if it's possibile. Btw, many thanks and best regards

Peppe

P.s.: IMHO this debugger should be included in the sciteforautoit package

Edited by gcriaco

19 hours ago, gcriaco said:

during a debug session the next debug statement in the scite source code would be always visibile - I mean that scite should automatically scroll text.

Sorry, I do not understand what is meant: that the default "Jump to Line with Breakpoint" button is not pressed, or that when pressed, there is no auto-scroll text in SciTe, or is it something else?

19 hours ago, gcriaco said:

It would be very useful if coders need to debug code inside functions.

Not sure if it's possibile.

The debugger provides such an opportunity.

On 05.03.2016 at 9:02 PM, asdf8 said:

New version:

• Added the ability to create scripts with a debugger to compile.
  • Returned to debug with OEM-console.
  • Changed interface.
  • Fixed detected the errors.
  • Others improvements and additions.

Dbug_2016.03.05.zip

Hi @asdf8.

Small bug in lines 395-397.

For $val = 1 To 25 ;enable buttons
                ControlEnable($frmDBUG, "", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:" & $val & "]")
            Next

You set $val var as counter of button id and the use this counter on lines 406-407

GUICtrlSetTip($DBGListView, "Display expressions" & $val)
                GUICtrlSetTip($DBGbtnClearList, "Clear expressions list" & $val & @CRLF & @CRLF & "To disable updates expressions list," & @CRLF & 'click the button while holding down "Ctrl"')

As result wrong button and list tip in some cases.

Edited by valdemar1977

On 06.03.2016 at 11:59 AM, asdf8 said:

TAB-control in the AutoIt, can often lead to the freezing of the application window

Well, in some cases I'm has a problems with redrawing TAB area (in Windows 8.1 x64) when starting in x64-bit mode...

Edited by valdemar1977