Another debugger for AutoIt

Heron

Is this thread still alive? I can't get DBUG to work at all. It doesn't matter if I try #include <_Dbug.au3> or "Dbug.au3", I always get...

! Debug Error: Before the line : 406 : #include "_Dbug.au3"
! should not be the source code!

Also, where can I find the latest documentation on using DBUG? Isn't there an at least semi-GUI mode? How do you launch/activate that mode? How does one set breakpoints?   How does one inspect variables?

I used to be able to do those things, but not anymore!  Please help. I've asked over at the ISN Autoit Studio English forum as well.

Thanks

Edited by Mbee

I figured it out. I was completely unable to get DUG to work from within ISN AutoIt Studio, but I did get it to work from within the editor. 

What I had apparently been doing wrong was to place #include "Dbug.au3" after my variables had been initiated and certain basic operations had been completed. Doing this would always produce the error I posted above.

But if I put it right at the top, immediately after the AutoIt3Wrapper directives. it worked fine!  Thanks for such an excellent tool, particularly when the code you're debugging is far too vast for the Graphical Debugger!  Please let me know how to donate.

• 1 month later...

Honored @valdemar1977, I truly love DBUG! I couldn't possibly gotten as far as I have debugging my very large script without it, as the other graphical debugger just can't handle scripts of this size. And add to that the incredible speed of DBUG compared to the other! Wow!

I understand you're not the original author ( @Heron ), but do I understand correctly that you are more or less maintaining it?  Because I have a question. Is there any way to disable DBUG until a specific condition arises? I'm trying to debug a $WM_MOVING handler which works fine except at boundary situations. As you may know, that handler can be invoked scores or even hundreds of times before the user stops moving the window, and I don't want a breakpoint to be recognized until a boundary condition occurs.

Do you know any way to accomplish what I need? I've tried ";STOP DBUG" and ";START DBUG", but that doesn't work, at least not in the way I need.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I'm working on a script that requires better-functioning Maps, I need a version of _Dbug that uses/works with AutoIt v3.3.15.3 Beta

The current version fails when it encounters a Map function, such as MapExists(). I have to use _Dbug because the graphical debugger doesn't even show up in the Explorer context menu when the Beta mode is enabled.

Thanks!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mbee said:

Since I'm working on a script that requires better-functioning Maps, I need a version of _Dbug that uses/works with AutoIt v3.3.15.3 Beta

Good luck in writing that, let us know the end product :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

1 hour ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Good luck in writing that, let us know the end product :)

Fortunately, it turned out I didn't need to do that after all. I read several files relating to using the Beta instead of the Release just about a week or so ago. And it says right there not to try to use Go in the SciTE menu when working with the Beta, and instead use one of the Beta-related menu items; in my case, Tools --> Beta Run. But I forgot about that and used Go, which is why _Dbug didn't work. Once I used the correct menu item, it worked perfectly.

Sorry for my stupid. 🤪

Edited by Mbee