SQL database auto backup....help

cloudkat

Hello all,

I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a pinch.

I downloaded kmetski’s Database backup script on this forum. (The link for it is:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95647&st=0&p=689275&hl=database&fromsearch=1&#entry689275)

My problem is that I continually get an error when I click “Test Connection”. The error reads, “No connection to the SERVER: <server name or ip>

“Check your LAN network.”

“Check Firewall TCP port 1433 allow connections.”

Now I have tried using the server’s IP (which BTW I can ping), server’s name, and the full path to the database. All three of these give me the same error.

This networked server is running Win 2000 and doesn’t have a firewall on it. The PC I am trying to run this script from is using Win XP Pro w/SP2.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Hello all,

I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a pinch.

I downloaded kmetski’s Database backup script on this forum. (The link for it is:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95647&st=0&p=689275&hl=database&fromsearch=1&#entry689275)

My problem is that I continually get an error when I click “Test Connection”. The error reads, “No connection to the SERVER: <server name or ip>

“Check your LAN network.”

“Check Firewall TCP port 1433 allow connections.”

Now I have tried using the server’s IP (which BTW I can ping), server’s name, and the full path to the database. All three of these give me the same error.

This networked server is running Win 2000 and doesn’t have a firewall on it. The PC I am trying to run this script from is using Win XP Pro w/SP2.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

I don't think that means just TCP/IP connectivity. What about your user name/password?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't think that means just TCP/IP connectivity. What about your user name/password?

:)

I have used the user name/password for both the database and the server's admin account with each of the three ways (server’s IP, server’s name, and the full path to the database). No luck there either.

• 5 months later...

I have used the user name/password for both the database and the server's admin account with each of the three ways (server’s IP, server’s name, and the full path to the database). No luck there either.

Douse your SQL acct is SA do you have privileges to read "master" database???

Hi,

you might also check Port connection via DOS command telnet:

telnet <Servername or Ip> 1433

If you get a black dos box, port connection is o.k; something is listening on port 1433, hopefully sql.

;-))

Stefan