FFT Spectrum Analyzer

VAG

I am looking for solution to implement FFT Spectrum analyzis for Audio line-in signal using AutoIT. My objective is to read out the frequency of a Sine Tone using the on-board sound card. I have tried to search thru the forum with no much help. Does anyone knows of any UDF which do FFT and can also link to audio hardware channel for realtime monitoring?Posted Image

I have seen some AU3 scripts for online monitoring audio just use forum's Search.

For FFT I recommend to search some DLL and call its functions via DllCall(). I think there is no such FFT implemented directly in Autoit.

Hi Zedna, thanks for the info, I have found the audio monitoing part. Posted Image But for the FFT DLL, do you have any suggestions? I google the web and most of them are compiled Spectrum analyzer utilities. The graphical display part may not be important to me. What I need is just a simple lib to help me to read out the freq value.Posted Image

Hi Zedna, thanks for the info, I have found the audio monitoing part. Posted Image But for the FFT DLL, do you have any suggestions? I google the web and most of them are compiled Spectrum analyzer utilities. The graphical display part may not be important to me. What I need is just a simple lib to help me to read out the freq value.Posted Image

No I haven't any tip for you. I just wanted generally to tell you to don't reinvent wheel (in Autoit) instead to use some existing solution (some DLL).

I was looking for that but couldn't find it. I've used that script a lot : )

Yeah I know what you mean, that's what I use in EMP for its only visualization.

@VAG

There's an example in the BASS UDF for recording audio with BASS. Go HERE and get BassEnc. Dunno if it helps you but you may want to check it out.

Yeah I know what you mean, that's what I use in EMP for its only visualization.

@VAG

There's an example in the BASS UDF for recording audio with BASS. Go HERE and get BassEnc. Dunno if it helps you but you may want to check it out.

Hi AdmiralAlkex, thanks for the info. Posted Image I saw your 1st post about "Audo Spectrascope"... it uses _mciSendString to get the audio source.

Then inside BASS UDF, I found _Bass_RecordSetDevice and _Bass_ChannelGetLevel for FFT.Posted Image

I need to allow my FFT Analyzer to work in Win7. Should I use everthing from BASS UDF instead?

Edited by VAG