A Serious Bluescreen Generator

Before

Maybe it looks very stupid, but this code below seriously causes a bluescreen.

It seems that killing random processes causes a bluescreen before it kills itself.

I didn't expect that when I was bored and wrote this code.

At least works on my XP machine and on my W2K3S machine. (:

Edited by Valik
Code removed. Write it yourself asshats.

I have a BSOD for win7 x64 and it doesn't need to play with any processes or api, just a native autoit gui that causes a BSOD in a short time of running...

But it's about 8 lines with no includes needed..

But I wouldn't post it due to what's the point?

Edit: If you wanted to post what you found then you would have been better off submitting to bugtrak then posting it here in examples.

Edited by smashly

The point? Getting a bluescreen of course! Seems kinda obvious to me smashly. What you meant to ask was WHY. Maybe you want to make it look like the computers broken, just run the program and show it to your admin and get a new one. I don't know why, but someone may need it.

I haven't run it and so have no comment on the code quality. Not that one would be necessary given the simplicity of the code.

It would make a very annoying program if it was designed to go off randomly, maybe that would be use...

Mat

Nah, Annoying programs are.. hmm, annoying =D

I'm not gonna do that, but feel free to do so if you are bored. :)

This is just a proof that Windows 5 crashes when a lot of processes get closed simultaneously. :)

EDIT:

Oops.

I lie.

It can be done in one line of code btw :P

Edited by Valik

There are lots of processes where any attemt to close them will result in a blue screen. I ran into this with one of my early apps and it was generally security related processes that caused it. One that I remember well involved a security suite provided by one of our local ISPs. The solution of course was to close the associated services before attempting to close the processes.

EDIT: Also I personally think that the code (if not the entire thread) should be deleted. It's really not the kind of thing we want some sub-moron to be including in their code.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

There are lots of processes where any attemt to close them will result in a blue screen. I ran into this with one of my early apps and it was generally security related processes that caused it. One that I remember well involved a security suite provided by one of our local ISPs. The solution of course was to close the associated services before attempting to close the processes.

EDIT: Also I personally think that the code (if not the entire thread) should be deleted. It's really not the kind of thing we want some sub-moron to be including in their code.

I agree with you.

I have found nice way to generate a bsod :

;USB keyboard :
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters', 'CrashOnCtrlScroll', 'REG_DWORD', 1)

;PS/2 keyboard :
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters', 'CrashOnCtrlScroll', 'REG_DWORD', 1)

;Press right ctrl + scroll lock
Send('{RCTRL}{SCROLLLOCK}')

But it does not work for me.

btw, be sure you have closed any program before running this script in the case it works for you :)

Cheers, FireFox.

I agree with you.

I have found nice way to generate a bsod :

;USB keyboard :
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters', 'CrashOnCtrlScroll', 'REG_DWORD', 1)

;PS/2 keyboard :
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters', 'CrashOnCtrlScroll', 'REG_DWORD', 1)

;Press right ctrl + scroll lock
Send('{RCTRL}{SCROLLLOCK}')

But it does not work for me.

btw, be sure you have closed any program before running this script in the case it works for you :)

Cheers, FireFox.

Since this slipped in before I closed, I'll comment. I think you have to physically press the key combination. Also there may or may not be a reboot required before the setting takes place. I don't think and doubt that you can simulate the input to trigger the feature.