Installations that don't use the Microsoft Controls

Installations such as Borland StarTeam or Matlab don't use the standard microsoft controls. I believe they run on their own java controls. Since the WinInfo doesn't help here, is my only recourse for doing an automated software install a series of Send()'s with the keyboard commands to get through the install?

I know these applications can take advantage of silent installs/answer files, but I was hoping for something I could SEE and watch the install happen. It also gets me more time to script, so I like that as well :-)

In relation to this question, since they don't use the MS controls, how can I tell the function to wait until the program install is finished? The only way I can think of is to do a while loop that waits untils a particular color is detected, then do the commands to close out the function.

Question is, how do I tell it to detect that particular color, and is there a relatively easy way to find out what hex code that color is if WinInfo gives nothing about that window?

Here is the WinInfo summary of the next screen that I need it to do. This comes at the very end of the install program where you need to click another option. A simple SEND("!A" will suffice to accept it, but how do I tell it to wait for it? I can't use WinWait because it's not a windows control. The colors appear to be the same, aside from a yellow exclamation box, which I assume I can use as the Pixel holder. Is there no other way with the given info? I see the Title of the window is "File Extension Warning" and the class is "SunAwtDialog".

Would WinWait work with that title and a text of ""?

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: File Extension Warning

Class: SunAwtDialog

Position: 228, 276

Size: 550, 158

Style: 0x96CC0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x001C0E32

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

Advanced (Class):

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle: 0x00010DDE

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 473, 292

Cursor ID: 2

Color: 0xC4C8D4

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Yes. If you check to help file, WinWait only requires the title as a minimum parameter. A text value of "" will also match the last active window with the same title, regardless of what window text it has. The window text is an optional parameter.

What this means for you is that, provided there are no other windows with the same title, AutoIt will find the correct window with just the title.

Edited by omikron48