DataBase Reaquest.

Ok here is my request.

I was hoping someone could help me.

I am making a program for a freind, and one of the components i will need is a database.

Now, im not talking about mysql or anything like that, i need a stand alone database that will reside on my friends computer or server.

the rest of the program will need to connect to that database on a constant basis.

now im not even the least bit familiar with databases, or on how to make one, so thats why i am asking for your help.

if anyone could, please help me build a database using only autoit.

Thank you, and if you need anymore info, feel free to ask.

[font="Optima"]Every once in a while... we realize the sun does not rise on our command.[/font][font="Optima"]"Man Standing on Toilet is High on Pot" :Qui Con Jin[/font][font="Optima"]"Can't We All Just Get Along?" :The man who said that was shot by his brother shortly afterwards.[/font]Brand new site/forum i just started. As of 04/12/2005 no members.Check it out, join if you want.

What's the database for?

A flat text file may do.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

What's the database for?

A flat text file may do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well ok here is the program i am making.

it is for my friend and his group(dunno what the group is...).

he wants me to make an ad bar that sits at the top of each members screen.

on this ad bar there will be a login, so that each bar is customized to that member.

also, this bar will display a different text link every 30 second or so.

these links will be submitted by each member of the group.

kinda a way of advertizing each members link to the whole group.

anyways, another feature of this bar will be...

to show the member how many times his particular link has been clicked, and how many times he has clicked others links.

thats the reason for the database, it will need to keep track of all links submitted by users, and all times each link has been clicked, and all times each member has clicked a link.

this info will be written to the database by the bar, and retrieved as well.

now my freind will have the database on his computer, so he can make changes to it if needed, and his bar will basically give the afore mentioned stats of every member.

I hope i have made that clear enough, might be a bit confusing, but i have tried to make it as simple as possible.

Thank you for your help.

[font="Optima"]Every once in a while... we realize the sun does not rise on our command.[/font][font="Optima"]"Man Standing on Toilet is High on Pot" :Qui Con Jin[/font][font="Optima"]"Can't We All Just Get Along?" :The man who said that was shot by his brother shortly afterwards.[/font]Brand new site/forum i just started. As of 04/12/2005 no members.Check it out, join if you want.

I don't think this is something for AutoIt. Make a PHP script for this, very easy to use MySQL in PHP.

Just make an AutoIt front end that opens up the site and displays it.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

I don't think this is something for AutoIt.  Make a PHP script for this, very easy to use MySQL in PHP.

Just make an AutoIt front end that opens up the site and displays it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i was expecting this response...

Oh well, i will just attempt it on my own.

If and when i succeed i will post the .exe, for all to see.

I can post an exe of an AutoIt front-end using PHP/MySQL that works fairly well -.-

I can post an exe of an AutoIt front-end using PHP/MySQL that works fairly well -.-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, that would be nice, but i dont intend on using php/mysql.

i have done quite a bit of research in the past hour or 2, and i have found quite alot of things that should prove interesting.

i am stopping for the night, but will resume my research, and start my attempt at making this program, i am using sqlite because i can redistribute it and/or its dll without worrying about copyrights.

gimme a few days, and i think i will have a working program that will make a sqlite database, input data to the said db and retreive info from said db. and hopefully it wont take too long to make my full program that once tested will be put on the market for sale.

{Also, if you would post your exe, or source code, so that i may be able to use it as an example. if you dont mind, i would greatly appreciate it, it may speed up the development, i will just have to wait and see.}

Edited by Powder81

I just used INetGet to download the page, and had a PHP script that manipulated the database for me. If that's not clear enough, I'll be glad ot paste some source :)

Here's a way to use SQLite with AU3

Hope this helps

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks alot trids, i actually did see that while researching, and it will help alot, i am using it as somewhat of a template, and hope to improve on it.

Using the Experimental version of Autoit (it includes COM support) you can read and write to databases. This will give you the ability to setup security so you have to have a username/password to open the database (Which would be very useful if this is going to be accessed remotely). I have tested access databases to do similar things, and MYSQL has an OBDC driver available for download so it should work as well.

Another thing ... are these computers all on a local network or will this be going accross the internet?

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

Using the Experimental version of Autoit (it includes COM support) you can read and write to databases.  This will give you the ability to setup security so you have to have a username/password to open the database (Which would be very useful if this is going to be accessed remotely).  I have tested access databases to do similar things, and MYSQL has an OBDC driver available for download so it should work as well. 

Another thing ... are these computers all on a local network or will this be going accross the internet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks alot for the help sykes.

where can i get the experimental autoit version?

i will definately need a username and password for the db.

this will be going across the net, do you think that will pose a problem?

well, this first run will be across the net, but in later versions i will be making it local network only.

the version i am making for my freind will need to be across the net, if you have any ideas, i would love to hear them. as for the exp. version of autoit, please post a link to it, and i will download when done cutting down some trees in the backyard tomorrow.(work before pleasure, and i have to please the wife, to get pleased myself)

p.s

i am staying away from MYSQL, and only using SQLite.(thought i would add that per your mention of the OBDC driver for MYSQL.) Do you think that will form a problem?

thanks alot for the help sykes.

where can i get the experimental autoit version?

I have a link to it in my signature but here it is: Autoit w/COM

i am staying away from MYSQL, and only using SQLite.(thought i would add that per your mention of the OBDC driver for MYSQL.) Do you think that will form a problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure ... never dealt with SQLite.

Be glad to help in anyway I can. Going across the net shouldn't be a problem as long as the database can be accessed by all computer and read/write operations run correctly.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?