sci_TE editor question

thanks,

I think Sci-TE editors should think about the same thing inside a function. it doesn't work if you have regions inside a func.

The AutoIt staff didn't make SciTE. More Information here: http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

Edited by Volly

• Developers

I have seen your submission in TRAC, but think you are misunderstanding Folding and the role of #Region-#Endregion.

#region only starts a new fold at the current level... Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe you need to better explain what you perceive being a problem.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have seen your submission in TRAC, but think you are misunderstanding Folding and the role of #Region-#Endregion.

#region only starts a new fold at the current level... Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe you need to better explain what you perceive being a problem.

Jos

Hi Jos.

I think when you press "Toggle all folds" it means that all folds both perent and child need to close/open themself.

even if they are inside a function:

look: (this is a code with all folds open)

#include <Array.au3>

#region outside of func
$m="blablablablabla"
#endregion

Func erez()
    #Region test-for-fold
    sleep (2000)
    #endregion
EndFunc

copy this code to your SciTE editor, and then press on "toggle all folds".

then press on the func + sign, you will see that the region fold is open, it shouldn't be like that is what I think because think of someone who has 10 regions inside a function this help in programing better, so if all the folds oopened and he only need region-5 he needs to go through all the code to get there.

• Developers

That is normal behavior, try it on the below and you will see that both the Region and If block expand.

#include <Array.au3>

#region outside of func
$m="blablablablabla"
#endregion

Func erez()
    #Region test-for-fold
    sleep (2000)
    #endregion
    If $x = 1 Then
        $x = 2
    EndIf
EndFunc

To accomplish what you want to take the expanded view of the folds and do a Ctrl&Click on the "-" in-front of the Func.

This will collaps the fold.

Now Click the "+" in-front of the Func and you will see that only one level expands.

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 3 months later...

I do have a similar/the same problem.

With this code ...

#include <Array.au3>

#region outside of func
$m="blablablablabla"
#endregion

Func erez()
    #Region test-for-fold
    sleep (2000)
    #endregion
    If $x = 1 Then
        $x = 2
    EndIf
EndFunc

I would expect after clicking "View" => "Toggle all folds" that it toggles all folds. But it doesnt. Only the first level is toggled.

If I click manually on the func-level-fold while holding the Ctrl-Key it does exactly what I expect. Is there a way to change the "standard" behaviour of SciTE to what it promises ("toggle all folds") without the need of clicking all folds manually?

UTA

• Developers

Is there a way to change the "standard" behaviour of SciTE to what it promises ("toggle all folds") without the need of clicking all folds manually?

Requests/Complains on SciTE: http://groups.google.com/group/scite-interest

:D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.