clicking IE element doesn't fire javascript 'mouseup' event

onmouseup

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

onmouseup

Well, in test case it worked for me without 'on'. I tried '$o.fireEvent("onmouseup")' and nothing happens.

I was trying to get element coordinates (relative to screen) so that I could use standard 'mouseup' function. With no success.

P.S. In WINTASK there is a function 'ClickHTMLElement'. Here you can specify html tag and descriptor, like:

ClickHTMLElement("TD[OUTERTEXT= 'text']")

and it works. I wish there would be something like this in autoit. In autoit I always have to get a list and loop through all objects looking for a certain property. This works slowly and when I find the element I'm having problems when clicking it. Sorry for the criticism, but I hope it migh help to improve :).

Edited by karolisk

good news - I found a solution:

$x = _IEPropertyGet($tr, "screenx")
$y = _IEPropertyGet($tr, "screeny")
$w = _IEPropertyGet($tr, "width")
$h = _IEPropertyGet($tr, "height")
MouseClick("left", $x + ($w/2), $y + ($h/2))

I found it while searching solution to other issue in this topic http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56602&st=20. That one is very similar to my current problem and isn't solved :/.

Click is different than mouse down.

See _IEAction($oElement, "click")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Click is different than mouse down.

See _IEAction($oElement, "click")

Dale

of course I tried this. This doesn't fire crappy javascripts of that page. Usually I do something like

_IENavigate($ie, "javascript:clickOnNode('2')", 0)

as workaround, but it's very tricky and hard to implement in some cases.

Have you torn apart html and javascript on the page to see what events are actually being monitored? It can on lots of different events like onmouseover, onmousedown, onclick, onfocus, onfocusin etc. I know it can get really convoluted.

Dale

yes, I did. In that case which I didn't solved yet, there are no inline javascript events and that table is dynamically generated, so I really couldn't even find where events are attached :). According to behavior it seems that onmousedown event is triggered (table row is 'selected' when I press mouse down). But when I try to fire it, on table cell, or row - nothing happens.

Like I said before, standard autoit 'MouseClick' works, but only if element is visible (and I couldn't find a workaround for this).

• 6 months later...

Do you have any solution on this topic?

How to work with onmouseover and onmouseout fireEvents?

What about hiddens menus and tables and cells?

This is what I want to do

Click on the Actions table cell having a TD tag and innerText as Actions and title as Actions

I have used the method of tag collection using TD in TDs in a for loop.

Then if TD.title == "Actions" then TD.fireEvent("onclick")

but then I am not able to click on User Profile - table cell.

Name , My Subscriptions, Delegations and User Profile are having dynamic ids, so I cannot use the method GetObjById

------

Actions(Click here)----(this works fireEvent onclick works here properly)

Name - (I want to do a onmouseover event here then on next cell and at the end fireevent onclick on User Profile)

My Subscriptions

Delegations

User Profile (ie here - onclick - this is not working)

Please let me know if you or anyone can help.

Thanks

Rahul