References COM dll in Auto It script

Prakash

Hi Auto IT Gurus,

Please excuse me for this basic question. I have browsed the forum for exact answer but couldn't find one.

I am trying to use some interfaces and methods of a logger dll (COM DLL) and i having tough time referencing the com dll.

Can some body show me a way(give me a link) where I can find exact procedure to do it?

Thanks a lot,

Prakash

You have provided exactly no information of use. Are you retarded at asking questions?

Hello wraithdu,

What exactly you mean by addressing me as 'retarded'? Please do watch your language if you're trying to make fun of me.

I have already told you my pupose in my indroductory post. I wanted to use a Logging dll(my company's proprietery logging dll) for logging information. error, warnings in my test cases.

_Prakash

Methods and interfaces in a proprietary DLL are....proprietary. How do you expect anyone to assist you or give advice on something no one has any knowledge about? There's plenty of information in the forum and the help files on using COM. Do some research. And certainly no one is going to have a link to a procedure to use your proprietary DLL.

Edited by wraithdu

Methods and interfaces in a proprietary DLL are....proprietary. How do you expect anyone to assist you or give advice on something no one has any knowledge about? There's plenty of information in the forum and the help files on using COM. Do some research. And certainly no one is going to have a link to a procedure to use your proprietary DLL.

This is better answer than before. If you're not willing to answer just dont reply the post. Answering in above manner is very discouraging for a starter like me. I understand people keep on posting some silly, redundant questions every day, as they are not so smart like you. Atmost help they expect is a link to a previous similar post instead of such degrading posts like yours. May be you have to do some reasearch on Forum posting etiquette.

What so ever you have a good weekend.

Thanks,

Prakash

I think it's the other way around friend. The original question you posted was a waste of space, and exactly like a million other useless questions posted on this board every day. You'll get out of your question exactly what you put into it. It's trial by fire around here.

I think it's the other way around friend. The original question you posted was a waste of space, and exactly like a million other useless questions posted on this board every day. You'll get out of your question exactly what you put into it. It's trial by fire around here.

Ok. Lets not take it personel. I am still not clear why do you need information about COM dll and why do you care what purpose is it used.

My question is so generic and clear "How do you reference a COM DLL in Auto IT script?" What's so wrong with the question? and mind you one thing.

I feel very sorry for your innocence. If you are so concerned about space on this forum, why do you post such useless replies anyways?

Thanks,

Prakash

That's the thing. Referencing a COM DLL is not generic. Every one is different. The best you're going to get is the info in the help file. Look through ObjCreate() and ObjGet(), then maybe search the forum for those terms and look at other examples. The AutoIt help file is very good. If you haven't familiarized yourself with it, do so. It's pretty much required that you've done your homework before you ask a blanket question on the forum without any hint you've tried at least something, and without providing any sample code demonstrating what you've tried. Why should we help someone who comes off as too lazy to research the primary resources on their own?

Innocent, no. Jaded and apalled by the laziness of the masses, yes.

Edited by wraithdu

Unfortunately you happen to be the recipient of my bad mood and lack of patience today. Here's some valuable insight:

What Have You Tried

All I wanted you to know is, this is really bad experience for my first post. May be I havn't searched with correct key words, or I was lazy in searching, you have no right to hurt other's feelings this way. Instead of saying "Are you a retard in questions?" You would have said "Please do little more reasearch b4 questiong?". Then we wouldn't have wasted time cursing and preaching one another.

Please do maintain your temper!!

I think his full house of Dalai Lama and Ben Franklin beats your random developer straight, wraithdu. :)

Something that might be of help to you, Prakash, is to construct your question more carefully in english, or try to find a native speaker of your language to converse with. We're not quite sure what it is you want, and until we know, we can't help you. Once we're able to communicate effectively, your problems will go away.

I'm not saying this to disparage your English skills, but to express that there is, in fact, a communications problem.