Currently Selected File

Why don't we read the help file?

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ControlListView.htm

"GetSelected" [, option]

Returns a string containing the item index of selected items. If option=0 (default) only the first selected item is returned. If option=1 then all the selected items are returned delimited by |, e.g: "0|3|4|10". If no items are selected a blank "" string is returned.

You can then try to pull the name from Controllistview-"GetText".

A quick and dirty way is to copy the file to the clipboard, then use Clipget()

Like TurionAltec said - you can copy the file name to the clipboard - if the name is what you are after.

I have an old script that I've not updated to use ControlListView - GetSelected & GetText.

It just sends

F2

ctrl-c

ESC

down

Switches to another window and sends

ctrl-v

tab

Then it starts all over again.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

One can simply send ^c right to explorer, without using F2 (rename) and the entire path and filename will be copied to the clipboard

If several files are selected, all of their paths will be copied to the clipboard, each on a new line.

HotKeySet("#a","_getfile")
While 1
    sleep(5000)
WEnd

Func _getfile()
    send("^c")
    sleep(500)
    ConsoleWrite(ClipGet()&@CR)
EndFunc

@herewasplato: It may be faster for you to read all the file names at once, store them in an array, switch to the other program, and input them one after another.

I should probably just update to the listview functions - but in this case, the file names of interest are usually longer than I normally display in the detailed view of explorer. I run the script and it does everything pretty slowly to allow me to read/check the file names being transferred to the other app. More than once, I've had to stop it when I noticed something that I would like to change in the file names before going on.

The other app has field limit base on the width of the proportional fonts entered - i.e.

WWWW or

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

So I watch for that too :-(

Speed is not much of a problem as it is only about 10 file names and I do this 4 or 5 times a day.

I've thought of some ways to speed it up, but I usually take this time to stretch my arms and neck :-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]