How to license your AutoIt programs?

I am looking for an easy to use solution that will allow me to license my compiled AutoIt scripts by issuing a license key, after a trial period has expired.

I tried a few programs I found on Google, but either they did not seem to work with compiled AutoIt programs, or were very expensive.

Has anyone found a program that will allow me to easily license AutoIt compiled scripts?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Guy.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103156

You seem to be confusing this forum with a group of eager to help professional lackeys willing to do extensive research and leg work for you. Repeatedly.

Please excuse me if I have been asking a lot of questions lately. I am new to this and trying to get a few projects working. I would just like to let it be known that I really appreciate any help/suggestions/guidance that people have provided here. I hope that if I ever get good enough with using AutoIt that I can some day help other new users with their newbie questions. I will try my best to find the answers I am looking for on my own.

In this case I was just hoping someone who had experience in this area could say "program XYZ worked well for me" or "program ABC did not". I spent the past day and a half downloading and trying several copy protection programs, including some of those mentioned before, but did not find one with the features I want, that really seemed to work well with a compiled AutoIt script.

Anyways sorry if you found my questions annoying, and thanks again to everyone who gave me help and suggestions, I really do appreciate it.

Guy.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103156

You seem to be confusing this forum with a group of eager to help professional lackeys willing to do extensive research and leg work for you. Repeatedly.

Edited by guysmilie

Quasi eager to help unprofessional lackey reporting in.

@Guy

It is not that your questions are annoying it is that you are asking the same one twice,

when you should have just continued with your other thread that JRowe linked you to.

Why don't you tell us the tools that you have tried. (that do not work with au3 or are too expensive :))

Ed: ott

Vlad

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Thanks for the reply Vlad,

I will try to be sure not to start duplicate threads in the future.

I tried one program called ShareGuard, but it seems to require the user to download and run a separate program to get the product ID and register.

I looked into a program called Obsidium, I emailed the company but did not get a reply. That was many days ago, so that is not a very good sign.

I tried something called EXE shield, which looked promising, but when I tried to use it with a compiled AutoIt script it would not work and gave a message saying that "AV researchers should contact some email address" I emailed the company and am still waiting for a reply to see if this program can work with AutoIt. I think it cost about $90, which is still kind of expensive for me, but it looked quite good and I would probably buy it, if it worked with AutoIt.

I tried something called Armadillo, but it did not seem to have the ability of offer a free trial.

I also checked out web sites of many other products that were in the $300-$1000 price range. These had way more features than I would ever use, and seem to be aimed at professional developers or whatever. In any case I cannot spend that much right now.

I was really hoping that someone else may have already found a product that works well with AutoIt and allows you to offer a free trial, then issue an activation key to keep the product working after the trial expires.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice in this area.

Guy.

Its also not that you're asking the same question repeatedly, its that the same question has been answered repeatedly, as well.

Imagine this conversation:

You: So, where's the AutoIt download site?

Us: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

You: So, I was wondering where to download AutoIt?

Us: ?! http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

You: Well, I've looked at the forums, http://www.autoitscript.com/, and some other options, but I'm still unsure as to where I'm going to download AutoIt.

Us: :lol::idea::):mad::P:)

You need to have some sort of online system to keep track of software registration.

You need to have a built in license system.

You need to have a trial period.

All these things are available via XProtec, which makes things about as easy as beating your head off the wall (it's easy, trust me.) If you need something else, then specify it. Give us new information. Detail exactly what you want, in addition to what we've answered, or we won't be able to help. Seriously, spending $90 might make sense, but from what you've said so far, that would be a stupid move.

Edited by JRowe

@Guy

I will take a look at EXE shield for you, sounds like it might be doing some active debugging causing the au3 binary to

pump out its "yo I am being debugged" message. You might be able to disable this somehow through its options.

At least just to find out if its worth the $90 :) Ed: Its not, stay well clear of this bloater.

I have to point out that even the fancy forms of protection are often futile, particularly given the nature of the program you are trying to defend.

I would recommend obsidium (again) because it has fairly advanced but simple to use licensing options,

although I am not quite sure what you hope to achieve by emailing the company??

Just download it. (by whatever means)

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Thanks for the replies,

I will take another look at Obsidium. I realize that any form of copy protection can be circumvented by determined individuals, I just want something simple that will prevent the average person from using for free indefinitely.

Guy.