Need help with devcon.exe

I am trying to install an HHP 4600 barcode scanner as a serial USB device using a silent install. The rundll32 command does not work at all, so I am trying devcon.exe, which gets close. If I run the following, it installs the driver, but I end up with two instances on two different ports - one properly installed, the other not properly installed:

run("devcon.exe install hhpcdc.inf USB\VID_0536&PID_020A")

First, when I plug in the scanner, cancel the New Hardware Found wizard, I will see "IT 4600" with a yellow circle and red exclamation mark (device not configured) in the Device Manager. When I run the script above, it installs the scanner, but I end up with two instances on two different ports - one properly installed, the other not properly installed (yellow circle, red exclamation mark). I have tried the above install without plugging in first, but I end up with both entries having the yellow circle/red exclamation mark.

How do I get the devcon.exe install to recognize the one entry and associate to the scanner? Am I missing something in the install command string?

• 4 weeks later...