encrypted ftp

I'm using pscp for transfering files via sftp or scp.

Edit: The thing is, if you are using "just" ftp it is impossible to locally encrypt and remotely decrypt the data without being able to execute code on the server. If you are able to execute code on the server you should use sftp or ssh instead of ftp in which case you could use pscp or equivalent where data is encrypted by protocol or being sent through an encrypted tunnel.

Edited by level20peon

hello guys i was wandering is it posseble to upload ftp data to my ftp server but encrypt that data so thats its safer to sent it over the internet

because its very importend data anyone some ideas/advice thx alot

Did you try Leech ftp? Its working good for me.

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

sssssooo, i think there is mass methods how to trasfer it. Just use winrar with password protect feature, with a password longer than 8 simbols and nobody will decode it because 8 symbols can be bruteforced in 29 years long time :).. but about the info you wanna send - important documents or just own orgasm moment photos :P:)

can autoit associate with sftp?

Since I am using sftp in a script I once did research about it. My search returned that there are UDF's like this for ftp but I never found anything similar for sftp. So I integrated the previously mentioned pscp in scripts where such file transfers where needed.

If you find a way to programmatically do this in autoit please let me know but I doubt it is possible since the IE-Api used in the ftp UDFs doesn't support sftp.

I found a DLL wich you can use for connecting to SFTP: libcurl :)

(Direct DL-link for compiled version here)

I never tried to use it, but the DLL has a C-interface, so it should be possible to combine it with AutoIt.

//Edit: With this DLL you can use the full power of CURL, so HTTP is supported, too (as an alternative for WinInet/WinHTTP, but only win32 DLLs available. For x64 you have to compile on your own)

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• 9 months later...

Since I am using sftp in a script I once did research about it. My search returned that there are UDF's like this for ftp but I never found anything similar for sftp. So I integrated the previously mentioned pscp in scripts where such file transfers where needed.

If you find a way to programmatically do this in autoit please let me know but I doubt it is possible since the IE-Api used in the ftp UDFs doesn't support sftp.

Would you mind sharing your pscp script? I'm building a sftp sync tool and it would help very much!

• 3 years later...

Ok so its not ftp but it works and is simple, my way shows the transfer, but you can probably figure out a way to do it differently.

First I installed console2 http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/

next I installed pscp http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/pscp.exe

I assume that you have connected to the server before and that the server hasn't changed its keys. If these assumptions are invalid, more code must be added to handle these eventualities.

Then my autoit script looks like this

Func securelyGetFile( ByRef $userId, ByRef $password, ByRef  $sourceFile, ByRef $targetDrive, ByRef $targetDirectory, ByRef $destinationFile )

if ( $password = "" ) Then
        $password = InputBox("password",":","","*",200,100,10,10)
    if @error then
        Return
    EndIf
    EndIf
    ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Console2\Console.exe","-d $Sitehome",$Sitehome)
    _WinWaitActivate("Console2","") ; From the Au3recorder
    send($targetDrive & "{ENTER}")
    sleep(500)
    send("cd " & $targetDirectory & "{ENTER}")
    sleep(500)
    send("pscp " & $userId & "@"  & $server & ":" & $sourceFile & " " & $destinationFile & "{ENTER}")
    sleep(1000)
    send($password & "{ENTER}")
    sleep(6000)
    send("exit{enter}")
endFunc
Edited by tbodine88

tbodine