Best Archive solution

While searching around the forum, I found some archiving solutions. Like, rar, zip, 7zip. Etc through autoit. But which one is actually the best? I need a way to create and modify a archive with autoit without using any external file (that means running rar.exe with parameters wont work for me). Is there any such solution?

[Not using this account any more. Using "iShafayet" instead]

The best would depend on what your requirements are.

If you don't want to use an external archiver, then I think I remember seeing some code on how to use the native zip archiver of Windows. It's somewhere in the forums, maybe in the examples.

If however, you are handling something else other than a zip file, like 7zip, rar, etc, then you'll need an external archiver to handle them. If this is the case and you only want one exe file to copy and use, but have write privileges, then you can just use FileInstall and store the external file you'll be using for archiving inside your compiled AutoIt script. It will just extract your necessary file every time you run the script exe and use it.

I believe this zip udf uses built in Windows zip capability:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73425

if you need to un-archive other formats, 7zip is probably the best since it's free (and I believe licensed for redistribution). Include required 7-zip files using FileInstall.