Change the symbols in a text?

Ok so even after google and the help I was not able to find out how to change the symbols used in a text, instead of actually showing the text in a input box I want there to be astericks "*" or dots "•" exactly as if you were typing in your password on a website (a password is my input box). However it does not require a certain password I just want to hide the letters with one of the two symbols.

P.S - The alt key code used to make a dot is Alt+0149. Not sure if that is required =/

Thank you so much for any answers.

Straight from Help

Parameters

title

The title of the input box.

prompt

A message to the user indicating what kind of input is expected.

The value that the input box starts with.

password char

[optional] The character to replace all typed characters with. If you want the actual typed character to appear, define with an empty string ("") (default) or a space for the first character. If you provide a multiple-char string, only the first char is used for character masking. There are special meanings for the second and subsequent characters. See Remarks.

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Ok I have one other small question that I thought would be best to just add to this thread rather than starting a whole new topic.

I tried using the ShellExecute('PROGRAMNAME') command however the program I want to start is on a different partition on my hard drive, it is in Drive D: instead of C: I was looking for a way to be able to open up from different drives but making it universal like. I don't want to actually specify where the program is so if I am on the D: drive as my main drive (therefore it would really be c:) it can still locate the file, or if a friend had the programmed buried in some random drive (like f:) than it can STILL locate the program. Is this possible? Or do I absolutly have to tell it where the executable file is?

Ok I will make that, but this is my line and according to help command it should be perfect:

$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Password", 102, 74, 137, 21, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

However it DOES NOT put the letters in **** for some odd reason, I use Koda Design and it even transforms them into astericks there but still wont do anything when actually launching the program, I couldn't find any constants needed for it other than "#include <EditConstants.au3"

Thanks for the help so far though =)