Arrays again

Phaser

Hi Everyone

I am using a do statement to loop through an array data set x amount of times, from the array result if something is flagged I want to push it to a new array, the results could be from 1 to 25 or even 30 so the size of the new array needs to be dyanimcly created/adjusted, how do I set this up? I have tried

Local $newarray[$size]

$i = 0
Do
$checking = _ArraySearch($list, $i,0,40,0,0,1,0)

If $checking = -1 Then
_ArrayPush($newarray,$i,1)
$size = $size+1
EndIf

$i = $i+1
Until $i = 40

_ArrayDisplay($newarray)

Any help in the correct syntax would be appreciated

Thnaks for the fast reply Valuater but I have not used Ubound before so am unsure of the makeup invlolved, if you could just correct the below I should be able to work with it

Local $newarray[$size]

$i = 0
Do

If $checking = -1 Then
$size = $size+1
EndIf

$i = $i+1
Until $i = 40 <---------------does Ubound replace this

_ArrayDisplay($newarray)

Thnaks for the fast reply Valuater but I have not used Ubound before so am unsure of the makeup invlolved, if you could just correct the below I should be able to work with it

Local $newarray[$size]

$i = 0
Do

If $checking = -1 Then
$size = $size+1
EndIf

$i = $i+1
Until $i = 40 <---------------does Ubound replace this

_ArrayDisplay($newarray)

Yeah.

UBound($Array_Name) -1
Replaces

But like he said:

For $x = 1 to UBound($Array) -1
    ; test array here
Next

Should probably be the loop to use for this particular function. Looks nicer and it's a bit easier to understand.

Edited by jebus495

Well it doesn't work I get an error here

Local $newarray[$size]

Local $newarray[^ ERROR

EDIT

And, the 40 cant be changed as its the figure I use the create what to search the array for, the array I am attempting to dynamicly populate is this bit

If $checking = -1 Then

$size = $size+1

EndIf

Please advise

Edited by Phaser

Well it doesn't work I get an error here

Local $newarray[$size]

Local $newarray[^ ERROR

EDIT

And, the 40 cant be changed as its the figure I use the create what to search the array for, the array I am attempting to dynamicly populate is this bit

If $checking = -1 Then

$size = $size+1

EndIf

Please advise

And where are you setting $size to an integer value before using it?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

this kind of dynamic array is suited more to a counter checked array. In other words, you keep the first element as the number of the next available index into the array and redim the array as necessary. For example:

Local $newarray[20] = [1] ; Will be reallocated as necessary.

For $i = 0 To UBound($list)-1
   If _ArraySearch($list, $i,0,40,0,0,1,0) = -1 Then
     If $newarray[0] >= UBound($newarray) Then Redim $newarray[$newarray[0]+10] ; + 10 elements to avoid redimming over and over which is slower.
     $newarray[$newarray[0]] = $i
     $newarray[0] += 1
   EndIf
Next

; Redim to the number of elements in the array.
Redim $newarray[$newarray[0]-1]

; Now reverse the array because you've appended elements instead of pushing them.

I hope it's correct because it's not tested.

PS. PsaltyDS is right. AutoIt should throw a warning that $size is used but never assigned a value.

Thanks for the replies people, there is a bit of a misunderstanding, $list is the array I am checking against and the number 40 is the actual values I am looking for within $list

Local $newarray[20] = [1] ; Will be reallocated as necessary.

For $i = 0 To 40
   If _ArraySearch($list, $i,0,40,0,0,1,0) = -1 Then
     If $newarray[0] >= UBound($newarray) Then Redim $newarray[$newarray[0]+10] ; + 10 elements to avoid redimming over and over which is slower.
     $newarray[$newarray[0]] = $i
     $newarray[0] += 1
   EndIf
Next

; Redim to the number of elements in the array.
Redim $newarray[$newarray[0]-1]

It almost works perfectly BUT I am getting one duplicate entry when I display the array always at [0]

As I am looping through from 0 to 40 to see if that value is in $list, if not in add to newarray 0 to 40 is only checking each value once so how does it end up with a repeat as I said at the first position of the redim array [0]? how do I stop this?

thanks Authenticity I have used _ArrayDelete()

I am now using the values from the newarray to create a controlclick command, I have an include file with the x/y positions like this

$39x = 200

$39y = 310

and am trying to use just one controlclick command in a loop, how do I format the variable, for example

$xval = "$" & $newarray[$x] & "x" <------------- Ideally this should produce $39x

$yval = "$" & $newarray[$x] & "y" <------------- Ideally this should produce $39y, they do but are not working when transferred to the controlclick command

ControlClick("WorkForce", "", "", "left", 1, $xval, $yval)

I have the loop and everything working fine, tested with msgbox popup, it's the $sign thats causing problems but needs to be there so it can scan the include for the x/y coords

In the ControlClick command you don't want the value of $xval and $yval (which is "$39x" and "$39y") but the value of the variables defined by $xval and $yval. So you have to evaluate them. See the Eval function

$xval = Eval("{:content:}quot; & $newarray[$x] & "x")
should give you the value of $s39x in $xval. Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

thanks for the help water but it gives me an error

Unterminated string.:

$xval = Eval("{:content:}quot; & $newarray[$x] & "x")

I also tried

$xval = Eval("$" & $newarray[$x] & "x")

But that didnt produce a result/click

Edited by Phaser

My fault. You have to omit the "$" as Eval already knows that a variable is to be used.

$xval = Eval($newarray[$x] & "x")

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hit a problem, the array fills fine, everything runs fine after I manipulate the data thats in the array, I now need to empty the array so it can be refilled again with new valyues, whats the best method, I have tried do, while and for with _ArrayDelete like this

$howbig = UBound($newarray) ; get size of array

$j = 0
While $j <= $howbig
    _ArrayDelete($newarray, $j) 

$j = $j+1
WEnd

Its not working, any ideas

I did read its description, thats why I thought I could just cycle through the array removing each element at the end of the script, I have no idea what you meant with this

$newarray = 0

Local $newarray[20]

ConsoleWrite(UBound($newarray) & @CRLF)

I understand concolewrite, why would I want to do it?

Well, if you remove item from an array using _ArrayDelete() then you shouldn't increase the counter or delete the array elements using an inverse loop, i.e:

For $j = UBound($newarray)-1 To 0 Step -1
   ; Delete element
Next

; Or just simple as this loop
For $j = 0 To Ubound($newarray)-1
  _ArrayDelete($newarray, 0) ; Always the first element until $newarray = "" or nothing.
Next

The ConsoleWrite is there for demonstration nothing more. When you set an array variable to 0 it's array attribute is negated but so you can't use ReDim (not tested) but it can be redeclared as one.

Another method is to copy the array and loop through the new one but perform the actions on the original.

_ArrayDisplay($aArray)
$aTemp = $aArray
For $i = 0 To Ubound($aTemp)
    If $aTemp[$i] = "" Then _ArrayDelete($aArray, $i)
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"