Drive Firefox

Debbie

Hi

I am looking for a good way to drive my firefox. I would like to automatically feed a web application from data I own in files.

First at all, I used _FF.au3 in addition to MozRepl but it seems that some bugs remain with input type="file". I was unable to find a workaround.

So I tried to add the Mouseless module to my firefox. It works quite fine from the keyboard, but any attempt to send the same sequence from autoit failed :) Moreover Mouseless does not detect all the interactors.

Does anyone experience successfully another way he can share with me ?

Thanks for any clue !

Debbie

(Sorry if there is some mistakes in this post, english in not my mother tongue language)

Hi

I am looking for a good way to drive my firefox. I would like to automatically feed a web application from data I own in files.

First at all, I used _FF.au3 in addition to MozRepl but it seems that some bugs remain with input type="file". I was unable to find a workaround.

So I tried to add the Mouseless module to my firefox. It works quite fine from the keyboard, but any attempt to send the same sequence from autoit failed :) Moreover Mouseless does not detect all the interactors.

Does anyone experience successfully another way he can share with me ?

Thanks for any clue !

Debbie

(Sorry if there is some mistakes in this post, english in not my mother tongue language)

Have you seen this Explanation post form Dale as to why it is no longer possible to type into this type of input box and a possible work around.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Have you seen this Explanation post form Dale as to why it is no longer possible to type into this type of input box and a possible work around.

Hi

Thanks, I hadn't found the post of Dale before.

So noway to fill the input type :-(

But, it is perfectly ok to me to drive the selection box, as explained in :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92907&st=0&gopid=731594&#entry731594

Is there the equivalent function of _IEGetObjByName and _IEAction for firefox ?

Thanks

Debbie

Edited by Debbie

Hi

Thanks, I hadn't found the post of Dale before.

So noway to fill the input type :-(

But, it is perfectly ok to me to drive the selection box, as explained in :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92907&st=0&gopid=731594&#entry731594

Is there the equivalent function of _IEGetObjByName and _IEAction for firefox ?

Thanks

Debbie

Sorry I don't see your PM.

You can do the following:

#include <FF.au3>

_FFConnect()
_FFXpath("//div[@class='margin-form' and position()=5]/input", "value='c:\\test'", 9)

The equivalent function in FF.au3 for _IEGetObjByName AND _IEAction is:

_FFClick(....)

Edited by Stilgar

Hi

Sorry I don't see your PM.

You can do the following:

#include <FF.au3>

_FFConnect()
_FFXpath("//div[@class='margin-form' and position()=5]/input", "value='c:\\test'", 9)

Well, I have problem with FFXPath. It seems that in some cases, it does not work.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103130&st=0&p=733224&hl=debbie&fromsearch=1&#entry733224

The equivalent function in FF.au3 for _IEGetObjByName AND _IEAction is:

_FFClick(....)

Thanks, I will check with FFClick

best regards

Debbie

Hi

Well, I have problem with FFXPath. It seems that in some cases, it does not work.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103130&st=0&p=733224&hl=debbie&fromsearch=1&#entry733224

Thanks, I will check with FFClick

best regards

Debbie

Yes I know, but doesn't work it only on that site? I never have any problems with xpath.

Hi

Yes I know, but doesn't work it only on that site? I never have any problems with xpath.

It is the first time I use xpath or drive a web application, so I can not tell if this is the case only on this site.

I tested on simple web pages, just to be sure that my code were correct, it worked on this small pages.

This is why I am trying a workaround...

Debbie