LinuxLive USB Creator

Slym

I submit my project, i hope you will find some errors/improvements cause i'm sure there are still many things to improve.

If you are interested in this project and would like to work with me on it, just contact me.

Try the software directly on www.linuxliveusb.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

Description :

LiLi USB Creator is a free software for Windows that allows you to create a bootable Live USB key with a Linux on it.

This software also offers an exclusive option of automatic virtualization to directly run Linux in Windows without any configuration nor installation.

* create bootable Live USB of Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mint, CrunchBang, Kuki, Fedora and many others

* enable persistency of your data

* launch Linux directly in Windows with a special Portable VirtualBox

* hide created files on the key

Anybody can use LiLi USB Creator. It's really easy to use and you don't have to be a computer geek !

Latest sources : http://www.linuxliveusb.com/sources.html

Compiling instructions : read the FAQ article "How to compile from sources ?"

Posted Image

Edited by Slym

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

This is a great piece of Software, it shows that AutoIT can be used for more than just the ugly looking Visual Basic GUI's. Anyone would think this was designed by the likes of COMODO or Panda with the translucent background. I have been using this since Version 1 (uSbuntu Live Creator) never did like that name, Sorry :) Plus I love the fact I can learn from the code included with the Zip.

-- I'm not a Newbie I just know how to search the forum --

Edited by GuiNesS

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The good looking GUI is actually the hardest part of the code. It was quite touchy to implement and i still have some issues (basically for hovering the buttons).

I could really use some help to develop LiLi and that's not the first time i try to find some developpers in this forum. I hope this time i will have more people interested.

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

What do you think about taking the VirtualBox from local folder without download from portable_virtualbox_mirror1 or portable_virtualbox_mirror2?

VirtualBox is approximately 45Mb in size, and getting it could not be the easy process.

The point of world view

??? not sure to understand. Copying a software folder does not make it portable in any way.

Read these articles : Can I install Portable-VirtualBox manually ? and Why can't I use non-portable VirtualBox ?

• 1 year later...

And,

Can you bundle the portable version with the installer ?

fe:

Choosing 'portable' during setup will extract to current/selected folder, optionally selfdeleting the install file.

btw,

On your beautifull website, a user can only send 1 contact msg, I assume per day.

When I tried to send a second msg, after closing browser windows, I recieved msg 'form already sent'

Edited by tito

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

LinuxLive USB Creator project is still going on with almost a million pageviews per month and I'm still looking for some help for the GUI part.

I would like to greatly improve the graphical interface in future version but it takes me too much time ...

Please contact me if you would like to give me a hand. I REALLY need to find an easy way to create complex PNG GUI and also someone to check my code because I'm sure it could be improved.