window titles

Wus

Alright this is only vaguely pertinant to this forum but ill give it a go since the uber geeks that would know this probably hang out on this forum. Also hopefully they will inform the lesser geek wanabees with the answer...

I use two different versions of ventrilo and im curious if there is a way that i could run both of them at the same time. I had to install them to different directories. Whenever i try to start the second ventrilo it says that i already have that process running and only one instance can exist at a time. Is there a way to get around this with autoIT? I kinda running around blindly on this one. I havent the faintest if this is even plausable but im sure someone will tell me...

Alright this is only vaguely pertinant to this forum but ill give it a go since the uber geeks that would know this probably hang out on this forum.  Also hopefully they will inform the lesser geek wanabees with the answer...

I use two different versions of ventrilo and im curious if there is a way that i could run both of them at the same time.  I had to install them to different directories.  Whenever i try to start the second ventrilo it says that i already have that process running and only one instance can exist at a time.  Is there a way to get around this with autoIT?  I kinda running around blindly on this one.  I havent the faintest if this is even plausable but im sure someone will tell me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't have ventrilo, so don't know if this would work or not, but you want to look a the the help for WinSetTitle, might do the trick, then again might not.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

The short answer is no, the long answer is I doubt it. It depends on how the application ensures its a singleton. There are a number of similar methods for doing this. Even if you did know the exact method used, it would probably require using the Windows API directly. This may or may not be possible through DllCall(). I wouldn't rule out the very real possibility that a hook could be required, meaning a DLL would need to be written.

So, there's no definitive answer to the question because there isn't just one way to ensure an application is a singleton. The answer to your initial question depends on the implementation of the application.

holy geez... thems were the most ambiguos answers ive ever heard in my life...

maye it would be easier to just set up two comps and wear two sets of head phones...

ill try the wintitel thingy but i doubt that will work...

thx anyway tho.. but i cant *yet* write DLL's

Guest Angle

holy geez... thems were the most ambiguos answers ive ever heard in my life...

maye it would be easier to just set up two comps and wear two sets of head phones...

ill try the wintitel thingy but i doubt that will work...

thx anyway tho.. but i cant  *yet* write DLL's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) LOL, I just couldn't resist and my horns are emerging, I thought my username was bad but is "Wus" short for "Wussie" ? :D

:D Just kidding, hopefully no offense is taken. :huh:

actually wus is my computer gaming handle and it stuck... its short and sweet and unique... no one wants to be called a wus after all

actually I started my name as a joke as wusup... but since that loooked really gay i took off the last two letters...

and if you ever wana see who the real wus is... come and play me in ut2004 igib

did i just heard a challenge there :D??

i'll take the challenge, i have UT2003 and UT2004.

when i have my 2004 back from a friend, i'll fight ya :)

Edited by zeroZshadow
*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...