Need live help on MSN

Ok i am new to this stuff, i catch on very fast and just need someone to ask realtime questions to.

My msn is Oh_theguilt@messenger.com

I know that if i had someone to talk to while im scripting, that i would be a PRO in no time.

I hope to be a huge contributer to these forms.

Soooo if you have the time please IM me.

Please. lol

Edited by TheNewGuy

Use the help here. It is faster. Getting someone to tutor you in real time is going to be difficult and not to mention wasting your time. Depending on what you need, you may have to sit there for hours while someone goes through your code. Also, most folks do not take kindly to being begged to have someone write all the code for them. You have to make some effort. I recommend you take AutoIt 1 2 3, and look at the tutorials available on YouTube. You will find links to both in my signature.

Use the help here. It is faster. Getting someone to tutor you in real time is going to be difficult and not to mention wasting your time. Depending on what you need, you may have to sit there for hours while someone goes through your code. Also, most folks do not take kindly to being begged to have someone write all the code for them. You have to make some effort. I recommend you take AutoIt 1 2 3, and look at the tutorials available on YouTube. You will find links to both in my signature.

I've already done the autoit 123 tutor, and i'm not begging or asking anyone to write my code. It's just nice when you are new and come across many problems, to just have someone there to answer an easy question, rather then have to wait a half an hour and stall the entire project by posting on a forum.

But thanks for the recommendations.

Has it ever occurred to you to... maybe try to figure out the answer on your own? Pestering somebody in real-time or wasting space on the forum is not going to lead to you learning the language. The forum is a resource for advanced questions. Unfortunately the forum is abused by too many people with similar attitudes to yourself.

Has it ever occurred to you to... maybe try to figure out the answer on your own? Pestering somebody in real-time or wasting space on the forum is not going to lead to you learning the language. The forum is a resource for advanced questions. Unfortunately the forum is abused by too many people with similar attitudes to yourself.

What? I'm not sure why everything is being taken in a negative way... And i am doing as much as i can to teach myself, searching the fourms and reading most the problems people post about. Sorry if i asked too much for a person to just be there for simple questions.. I'm not like other people i'm not going to "pester" people. But it doesn't matter how many guides you read, you can't get peoples techniques and scripting perspectives without actually asking.

Rather funny people will certainly take time out to tell you how not to do it, but no one will take time out to tell you how to.

Thanks for that.

What? I'm not sure why everything is being taken in a negative way... And i am doing as much as i can to teach myself, searching the fourms and reading most the problems people post about. Sorry if i asked too much for a person to just be there for simple questions.. I'm not like other people i'm not going to "pester" people. But it doesn't matter how many guides you read, you can't get peoples techniques and scripting perspectives without actually asking.

Rather funny people will certainly take time out to tell you how not to do it, but no one will take time out to tell you how to.

Thanks for that.

Let me put this simply for you. You want to learn AutoIt. :) Great! You want a person who you have on "speed dial" at your fingertips. Not great. :)

If you have a friend who you can work with on a project, then that is good. Many of the projects here such as audio.au3 was done with a team effort. From reading your post I see what you are really looking for is a mentor to teach you the language and to answer all your questions without fail. Let me enlighten you on something. Coding is an art. Not a Science. I could post some code that works well for me, but somebody as sure as the sun rises in the morning will find some fault with it. It won't be clean enough, or why was the loop done line this or the functions are put together in the wrong sequence...you get the idea.

As Valik said: maybe try to figure out the answer on your own?

There is a reason for this. Over 80% of ALL coders have to consult the manual or in this case the help file CONSTANTLY to look stuff up. When I'm coding (Like I have been on a project for 3 weeks now) I have the file open and I find myself referencing it pretty often. If you get into the habit of looking stuff up, you will learn quickly where stuff is and how to use it. You won't be an expert or even an basic user if you simply ask for the answer without doing the work.

A second good habit is know how to look stuff on the forum. I also do this ALL THE TIME. Most of my projects would have gotten nowhere if I didn't.

Do the work. Try to do small things. Gradually work up to bigger projects. Assist others on the help and support area of the forum. You want to get good at it, this is what you do.

Let me put this simply for you. You want to learn AutoIt. :) Great! You want a person who you have on "speed dial" at your fingertips. Not great. :)

If you have a friend who you can work with on a project, then that is good. Many of the projects here such as audio.au3 was done with a team effort. From reading your post I see what you are really looking for is a mentor to teach you the language and to answer all your questions without fail. Let me enlighten you on something. Coding is an art. Not a Science. I could post some code that works well for me, but somebody as sure as the sun rises in the morning will find some fault with it. It won't be clean enough, or why was the loop done line this or the functions are put together in the wrong sequence...you get the idea.

As Valik said: maybe try to figure out the answer on your own?

There is a reason for this. Over 80% of ALL coders have to consult the manual or in this case the help file CONSTANTLY to look stuff up. When I'm coding (Like I have been on a project for 3 weeks now) I have the file open and I find myself referencing it pretty often. If you get into the habit of looking stuff up, you will learn quickly where stuff is and how to use it. You won't be an expert or even an basic user if you simply ask for the answer without doing the work.

A second good habit is know how to look stuff on the forum. I also do this ALL THE TIME. Most of my projects would have gotten nowhere if I didn't.

Do the work. Try to do small things. Gradually work up to bigger projects. Assist others on the help and support area of the forum. You want to get good at it, this is what you do.

Good!!! Thank you!