Get an area of color? Maybe...

zaduma

I need to be able to accurately find an area of a web page to click it. But It is proving to be difficult because the color I would use to locate it, is used by different things all over the page.

I have a ridiculously convoluted piece of code but it doesn't even work.

This is the area I need to consistently find (screenshot of it).

If anyone could throw me a bone, I'd appreciate it.

post-19803-12556499764932_thumb.jpg

Hi,

you could find a useful script at http://www.autoit.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=110480#post110480  The Scriptname is PushTheButton and should do all what you like to do.....

The Script makes a Screenshot of an Area (i.e. a Button) of your Screen, saves this Area to Disk and finds this "Picture" at the Screen or in a selected window and "clicks" it with the mouse (left,right, double....), if you search in a scrollable window, the script scrolls down in the window until it has found the Button.

The Area can be selected by a zoomable window. You can use the Mousewheel to zoom in/out and resize the "Zoomwindow" by pressing either the Ctrl-key and Arrow-keys or use the mouse, there is a Mode for preventing "hilighting" a Button (or something else) and a Moviemode which is used to find an animated Button/Logo/Smilie or something like this.....

The helpwindow/instructions and traymenu is actually in german language, but i try to make a selection to english. There is also a short demo which shows you to use the searchfunction in your own scripts. 

I used the prospeed.dll to find the "Buttons" very fast (<70ms at 1920x1080), but you dont need the dll, the program works also without it, a little slower ....but who cares^^

Andy