A question about IE.au3

Hi Guys,

Im a newbie from using IE.au3, and need some suggestions.

My scenario is i want to automate form fill up from a webpage. The issue is that the form opens into another page after clciking a the link. Qestion is how can i make the script recognize the new window or page to automatically fill up the form. Is it possible with the _IECreate()?, if it is how can i do it?. sorry if its a noob question. Hope you can help me out.

Regards,

3ggerhappy

You can use with IECreate with the link only without entering the main page.

copy the link the put it on IECreate parameter.

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

You can use with IECreate with the link only without entering the main page.

copy the link the put it on IECreate parameter.

Thanks nfaustin for the reply. But what if I need to go through the mainpage since i need to log in. I have made my script to successfully logged in, up to the point of clicking the form link and opening up the new page with the form. I need the IECreate object to get the form and the objnames. Is it possible with the method you said.

Regards,

3ggerhappy

Just a thought(not tested but should work),

try to use IECreate with the link URL and with parameter setting $f_tryAttach = 1 to switch the IE object to the new link window.

It should work.

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

Well, the last suggestion could work, but _IEAttach is made for this scenario.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes Dale,

Your suggestion is right.

I forgot about _IEAttach.