How can I retrieve a URL that is independent of user browser?

Hi,

I want to retrieve a URL (http) and place the contents into a variable. The application I am building will be made available to other people and as such I have no control on what browser each user has.....some may have IE, some Firefox, etc.

I have looked at the AutoIt doco and '_INetGetSource' seems like it will do the job. Note that the docs for the related function 'INetGet' state that "Internet Explorer 3 or greater must be installed for this function to work.", however there is no such remark made for '_INetGetSource'.

Therefore, am I correct in assuming that the use of '_INetGetSource' is browser independent?

If not, what alternatives do I have available to me so that I can retrieve a URL independent of the browser installed on a machine?

Thanks

INetGet uses libraries that come with IE3 and in Windows by default in all versions since 98, I think. Even in Windows 7, where you can uninstall IE, you can't remove it's libraries and the embedded controls. Therefore, it's safe to use INetGet in virtually 100% of the installations, whether the users have Firefox, Opera, IE, or whatever browser as their default.