Delete Listview Control

I am trying to delete the entire listview control not just one row or column. I am able to delete any other control by using GUICtrlDelete() except for listview. Somehow GUICtrlDelete($listview) doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to delete the entire listview control not just one row or column.  I am able to delete any other control by using GUICtrlDelete() except for listview.  Somehow GUICtrlDelete($listview) doesn't seem to work.  Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, At least I can tell you that you are not the only one. I have had to $GUI_HIDE it and reuse my handles creating it again to "refresh" the control. Because I am resusing my handles, I cant actually tell you if $GUI_SHOW would make it re-appear. I hope not, cause that would cause run-away memory usage if done too many times.

And not to seem picky, but you would probably get more responses if this were posted in the GUI forum, just FYI.

I am trying to delete the entire listview control not just one row or column.  I am able to delete any other control by using GUICtrlDelete() except for listview.  Somehow GUICtrlDelete($listview) doesn't seem to work.  Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you just want to hide it or disable it just use

GUICtrlSetState ( controlID, state )

with state as;

$GUI_HIDE or

$GUI_DISABLE

If you want to delete all items in a listview use this function

Func _clearlistview($List_View)
   Local $LVM_DELETEALLITEMS = 0x1009
   GUICtrlSendMsg($LIST_VIEW, $LVM_DELETEALLITEMS, 0, 0)
EndFunc  ;==>_clearlistview

$List_View is the name of the Listview.

I Know this is not exactly what you asked for but alot of times I find it best to work around things sometimes.

Edited by quick_sliver007