[SOLVED]Compile: Error opening the destination file.

Xand3r

I get this error whenever i try to compile a script...My os is:win7 x64, autoit is installed for 32bit but it worked fine before i changed from build 7100 to 7600 :)

post-19203-12560577517126_thumb.png

Edited by Xand3r

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

Try to compile from full Scite4Autoit3 and post whole content of output window with all error details.

EDIT: of course doublecheck if compiled application is not running

that's very weird... i tried it right now (i don't usually compile scripts from scite and it worked just fine)

Scratch that... dosen't work every time from there either

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "E:\Alex\Autoit\Alex2\z\protect.au3"
+>20:05:39 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.2.0.0.0
-> No changes made..
+>20:05:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.0.1    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_VISTA/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.14.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>20:05:41 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.0.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "E:\Alex\Autoit\Alex2\z\protect.au3" /out "E:\Alex\Autoit\Alex2\z\protect.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\Users\Xander\AppData\Local\Temp\AutoItSC.bin
!>20:05:44 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999
+>20:05:44 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.147
Edited by Xand3r

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

• Developers

Its probably your AV doing this to you. try to compile without UPX.

add this to your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Its probably your AV doing this to you. try to compile without UPX.

add this to your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

Thanks for the help. I had avg free installed and it was killing upx without saying anything... i removed it and it's ok now...

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

AndyS01,

I run AVG and have no problems at all with upx so I would not jump to the conclusion that removing it will solve your problem. :P

Do you have any other security software running? Perhaps some anti-malware? That is more likely to block upx than AVG. I use Comodo Defence+ and have it set up to ask me each time if I want to run upx - that way I can use it when compiling with a single click but prevent anything else trying to run it. :x

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

While removing AVG appears to solve the problem, I don't want to remove it because it's doing a great job protecting my PC.  Is there another way around this error?  (I tried #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n but it didn't fix it.)

Andy

Add to exceptions Autoit's directory and directories with your scripts

so AVG will skip them while doing its job.

I did it this way with my antivirus at work too.

• 5 weeks later...

Add to exceptions Autoit's directory and directories with your scripts

so AVG will skip them while doing its job.

I did it this way with my antivirus at work too.

I had similar problems with UPX, I just wanted to ad this information, this work on my system W7:32...

this involves edit the registry...

registry file "disableUPX.reg"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe]
;disable UPX
"UseUPX"=dword:00000000

registry file "enableUPX.reg"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe]
;enable UPX
"UseUPX"=dword:00000001

note: this allows a right click compile the scriptfile without UPX on my system... should work on other as well I assume?

• Developers

I had similar problems with UPX, I just wanted to ad this information, this work on my system W7:32...

this involves edit the registry...

registry file "disableUPX.reg"

note: this allows a right click compile the scriptfile without UPX on my system... should work on other as well I assume?

No need to tweak the registry, just start aut2exe.exe and select Compression and deselect the bottom option for UPX.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 7 months later...

I was having the same problem, On a win7 64 bit laptop trying to compile a script for my win xp 32 bit server. I have AVG free as well, and went into the avg user interface, on the top i went to tools and then advanced settings and almost to the bottom it has a section called temporarily disable AVG protection. put a check in the box and it will pop up a little window that will give you time options for disabling avg. After this, The script compiled perfectly.

James

• 2 years later...

I have tryed all the above still no joy in compling my scripts..

I aslo look at

shellexecutewait('Aut2exe.exe',' /in "MYIP.au3" /out "MYIP32.exe" /nopack /comp 4 /x86 /bin "AutoItSC.bin"')

Running -

Win 7 x64

Autoit 3.3.12.0

Autoit BETA 3.3.13.6

SciTE Version 3.4.1

All process for Autoit , SciTE & AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe

are added to my expetions

AVG - 2014.0.4744

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2.1012

post-64697-0-83741000-1405856521_thumb.p

• Developers

Some process is blocking the access to the tempfile used by AUT2EXE.

So you either have some AV or maybe an AutoBackup utility that grabs the file while AUT2EXE is still processing?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The temp folder and the EXE's for all Autoit

C:UsersDanielAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe

on AVG & Malwarebytes are added to my expetions is there way to find out what is blocking it ??

or change the temp dir for AUT2EXE ?

I even turned AVG off still no joy ?

post-64697-0-03542700-1405867728_thumb.p

post-64697-0-34494900-1405867764_thumb.p

post-64697-0-74124800-1405867744_thumb.p

post-64697-0-11854200-1405867783_thumb.p

I have this problem too. What is really strange is that it only happens in my non admin account. I also have an admin account and have been able to compile without problem in that account.

I also didn't even have use UPX selected.

I turned off Avast - my antivirus and still it wouldn't compile...:(

Any ideas very welcome.

Blessings

Just idea:

Try to remove AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile directive

just to be sure problem is somewhere else and not here.

EDIT:

Add to your exceptions WHOLE DIRECTORIES and not only EXE files

both in antivirus and malwarebytes.

Did that still no joy .. Just wish I knew what was blocking it then I could unblock it .

I have every thing running as admin I also tryed turning off the UAC (User Account Control)

Still no Joy.

• Developers

Did that still no joy .. Just wish I knew what was blocking it then I could unblock it .

I have every thing running as admin I also tryed turning off the UAC (User Account Control)

Still no Joy.

The only thing you need to focus on is the tempfile created by AUT2EXE in the %localappdata%AutoIt v3Aut2Exe Directory as that is were things go wrong.

AUT2EXE creates the file first and then does some PE resource updating which it is unable to.

Open your resource monitor and see if you can see what application is doing this.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.