FileInstall troubleshooting

Why would this not install to a folder under the Program Files directory? It works fine if I use @TempDir, but fails if I use @ProgramFilesDir or even have the full path as below.

FileInstall("FILES\INI_Write.vbs", """C:\Program Files\ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs""", 1)
    Sleep(100) 
    RunWait(@comspec & " /c Wscript.exe " & """C:\Program Files\ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs""", "C:\", @SW_HIDE)

• Developers

I originally thought the same thing, but this is with an administrator login on XP Pro.  I checked the Program File dir and the permissions as they are set should allow it to run.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try it without the extra "" ... don';t think it works with that:

FileInstall("FILES\INI_Write.vbs", "C:\Program Files\ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs", 1)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Try it without the extra ""  ... don';t think it works with that:

FileInstall("FILES\INI_Write.vbs", "C:\Program Files\ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs", 1)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!

It's wierd. If I use @ProgramsFileDir for the DirCreate line, but then write out the path as just below for the FileInstall line, it works.

DirCreate(@ProgramFilesDir & "\ConfigIP")

But if I use @ProgramFilesDir for both lines, it creates the directory but won't install the file.

;) 
FileInstall("FILES\INI_Write.vbs", @ProgramFilesDir & "ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs", 1)

I had tried with just 1 set of quotes before as you suggested and was getting errors like..."cannot find C:\Program" So I was trying with double quoting, but still wasn't getting the needed results.

Thanks!

• Developers

But if I use @ProgramFilesDir for both lines, it creates the directory but won't install the file.

;) 
FileInstall("FILES\INI_Write.vbs", @ProgramFilesDir & "ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs", 1)

I had tried with just 1 set of quotes before as you suggested and was getting errors like..."cannot find C:\Program"  So I was trying with double quoting, but still wasn't getting the needed results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe not so strange since you missed the \ .....

try: @ProgramFilesDir & "\ConfigIP\INI_Write.vbs"

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.