How to avoid decompilation

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, I did some AutoIt scripts on a blue monday in the far past and just downloaded and installed te latest version, 'cause I'd like to pick it up again.

I have a question about decompilation. On the GUI of Aut2Exe from 2005, there was a checkbox called "Allow decompilation" where one was able to decide whether the code could be uncompiled.

In the current version of Aut2Exe (2008) this option has been deleted. When I saw that, I had a glimpse at the AutoIt wrapper that I found by right clicking on the *.au3 file and choosing "compile with options". Nevertheless, no button was to be found here about decompilation or whatsoever.

Later on, googling around, I found a program called "MyAut2Exe" that says it can decompile any script (I didn't check whether that was true).

I have two questions:

-1- How do I control the allowance of decompilation of executables made by AutoIt?

-2- Do the developers of AutoIt know the last mentioned program and is it avoidable that people decompile with this?

I hope my questions are clear, I didn't find them in the FAQ list (though I looked shortly only)

Thanks in advance,

The Rookie

It is not possible to decompile autoit scripts back to AU3 format after AutoIt v3.3.0.0.

The application probably lists that it can only work with scripts up until 3.2.8.1.

Also, there is a non-default option in the AutoIt3Wrapper that allows you to include the sourcecode of your script in the resources, this can be useful sometimes.

Edited by insignia96

Visit my website to see all my finished releases!Releases here:UDFs:GUI ResizingColor List (Web Colors)GUIFade_NearestPower