Windows show desktop event

ame1011

Hi there, as far as I know you can't re-hotkey windows shortcuts like WINDOWSKEY-D (minimize all and go to desktop). However is there some kind of event that is called when this action is performed so that I can run a function every time this hotkey is pressed? The reason I'm asking is because I use a program called Rocket Dock for windows that functions like the mac bar. However if I press windowskey-d (I do this a lot) to minimize all my windows, the rocketdock gets minimized as well. I'd like to create a program that watches for this hotkey and maximizes Rocket Dock when its pressed.

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

• Moderators

ame1011,

You could try a bit of lateral thinking and restore the window if it is minimised. :) This script opens Notepad and then if the Notepad window is minimsed it automatically restores the window pretty quickly.

Run("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

While 1

If BitAND(WinGetState("Untitled - Notepad"), 16) = 16 Then WinSetState("Untitled - Notepad", "", @SW_RESTORE)
    Sleep(10)

WEnd

Try it your app - use the Au3 Window Info tool to get sufficient data to identify its window.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba:

I thought of that but I'd rather not poll for a window's state , I was thinking along the lines of Dll's, something a little less resource-heavy.

Toonboon:

Do you mind explaining that code? I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]