IE.au3

I am trying to load up a script that goes to a flash application on 64 bit Vista.

IE8 64 bit does not support flash 10 and so the application does not load. To fix this problem I was hoping to change IE.au3 to load up the 32 bit version of IE instead of the 64-bit version but after a while I gave and came here to seek advice.

I am trying to load up a script that goes to a flash application on 64 bit Vista.

IE8 64 bit does not support flash 10 and so the application does not load. To fix this problem I was hoping to change IE.au3 to load up the 32 bit version of IE instead of the 64-bit version but after a while I gave and came here to seek advice.

Can you even have the 32-bit and 64-bit versions both installed at the same time? :)

I wouldn't have thought so, but never tried. If so (big IF), then all you have to do is launch the other one with Run() and _IEAttach() for $oIE. After that it should be fine.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Apparently you can, but there appears to be no way directly through COM.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 
WshShell.Run("%windir%\SysWOW64\wscript.exe " & Chr(34) & "C:\Program Files (x86)\IE_InternetExplorer.Application.vbs" & Chr(34))

See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/95f0a6a2-955a-4e0b-a537-9909f39ab26d/

You should be able to adapt. You should be able to Run or ShellExecute the script, then _IEAttach to it and use it

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I think you should just compile / run AutoIt in 32bit mode :)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes