HTML Code generator..

layer

well, it only took me a few days of on and off coding.. it's an HTML code generator, used to make HTML code easy! it generates all the code for you.. theres a little bit of things on the to-do-list, but there big things, that will make it much, much, much, better.. i attached a zip of it, source, and everything :) and also an example, i suggest you take a look at, it's and HTML file made with HTML code generator :(

EDIT: Could probably use a makeover too... :( Also, I have to fix the vertical scroll bar, added that to the GUI instead of the edit control :"> Umm... I'll upload a new version in a few minutes... Some fixes and additions :D

EDIT2: Fixed some little bugs, added multiple checkboxes, and changed the filesave dialog, that saved a file as "HTMLDoc.html.html" where now it is saved as "HTMLDoc.html"... Enjoy

EDIT3: Added a messagebox function, so now you can put msgbox's in ur HTMl scripts :( It uses Java for the messagebox though.. :( Hmm... enough coding for tonight? :huh:

EDIT4: updated the whole thing... added some new features, updated to-do list.. i think its better then the last version 4 sho its on this post... i update the files too of course! (i used to much smilies in this post)

EDIT5: I UERGE everyone to try this sucka out! ive added bmp's for the controls, ive added a form so you can see-while-you build! this is the newst version yet, really, its v. 1.0.0 ! :( please send any bugs, comments, or suggestions to me at rpm91m@gmail.com or post them here would be more convienent!

EDIT6: added some things to the paragraph feature, like left align, right align, and center align.. also, if you go to "File>Add comment>" you'll see i added that... so you can add comments in ur HTML scripts.. also, fixed the bug where if u "hard coded" some html stuff in, then it wouldnt update the form, now, it does update it so u can see what ur building! i also made an icon for the program.. and shortened the name of the program to "HTML CG" aka HTML Code Generator.. the icon sux though, i gotta learn how to make a better one... anyone know how??

EDIT7: read history to check what i did... fixed spelling

EDIT8: Added the ability to create links! :D You can download the files right here or go to my simple site: http://www.freewebs.com/layersproggies/

Edited by layer
FootbaG

how about a line break button or a paragraph button? you might also want to somehow allow the user to change the position and put stuff in a specific spot, i might be able to help you out if you don't mind

edit: you should add the $ES_AUTOHSCROLL style to the edit box

edit: i can also help so you can make it sort of like a WYSIWYG editor using cwebpage.dll

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Well, it's been a while since I ever did HTML, and even back then I only knew how to 'create' stuff, I didn't know how to do onEven stuff... So I don't know how to place controls in a certain position though... I'll have to look it up... And about the $ES_AUTOHSCROLL... Hmm... I already added $WS_HSCROLL and $WS_VSCROLL, I'm happy with those though, thanks for the input though! :)

EDIT I plan on using no Dlls in this, unless I really, really, really, really had to, but even so, probably only Windows API calls... And plus, I don't know what "WYSIWYG editor" is and that's what the Form is going to be for I think, have you looked in the to-do-list? :D

Edited by layer
FootbaG

for the DLL, what it will do is display what the page looks like while you add controls and stuff. If you want an example i can show you

edit: i mean that you can go back before something you added and "insert" another control, for example I added text that says "hello" but i forgot i wanted a button before it so i will "insert" another control before it

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

I'll probably have the "hard code edit" feature available today and also the reopening (easy since I don't have a form or nuthin) when I get home from school... And yes, this was a *bump* :)

FootbaG

version with paragraph capability

HTML_Code_Generator.au3

doh :) i was adding that when i was making the radios, but i totally forgot about it, and deleted it :">

EDIT: Xengios, do you know where I can get that webd.dll thingy?? Thanks! :D paragraph will be included once i get the dll and ill make an update!! :D

Edited by layer
FootbaG

Do you mean the cWebPage.dll

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes-sir-e-bob! thanks MHz :D also going to have icons for the controls now, so it's not just like "Button" it will be an icon of a button.. still working on getting the icons to not shrivvle up and ruin my picture :huh:

EDIT: good NEWS!! i got the form thingy working, so you can actually see what you're building while you build it! :( its really sloppy right now, so im fixing it up, ill let ya know when i upload the new version.. :)

Edited by layer
FootbaG

Yeah, thats nice to see what you are making.

Edit: Maybe you could come up with some way to delete controls, currently i can't think of a doable way.

Edited by Xenogis

Yeah, thats nice to see what you are making.

Edit: Maybe you could come up with some way to delete controls, currently i can't think of a doable way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, i was always thinking of that ever since i used autobuilder, u cannot delete controls with it, but im sure its on the to-do list.,.. im sure there is also a work around :)

EDIT: u can delete stuff with hard code edit, but that doesnt affect the form because i didnt add the Delete thingy.. this is going to be a toughy :D

EDIT2: or, when the edit is set back to default and something is changed, i can rewrite to the @TempDir & "\~HTMLTemp.html" and refresh the browser... :D

Edited by layer
FootbaG

the cwebpage.dll is a Dll file that autoit can call, and get functions that you would see in a general browser... it can go to web pages on the net, or it can go to a webpage on your hard drive, and thats what HTML CG does.. everytime you choose a control, it writes data to an HTML file in your temporary directory.. when you exit out of my program, that file is then deleted.. some functions in the cwebpage.dll are able to refresh a webpage or an html file, stop going to a page, etc... its really a great tool, and if you check out the credits, you can see who made it, and go to the site where the dll is located.. hope that helps :)

FootbaG

heres an example, very very simple, you could expand it a whole lot..

$main = GUICreate("Au3Browser (uses cwebpage.dll)")
$cweb = DllOpen("cwebpage.dll")
DllCall($cweb, "long", "EmbedBrowserObject", "hWnd", $main)
DllCall($cweb, "long", "DisplayHTMLPage", "hWnd", $main, "str", "www.autoitscript.com")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $main)
While 1
    $get = GUIGetMsg()
    If $get = -3 then Exit
    WEnd
Func OnAutoItExit()
   DllCall($cweb, "long", "UnEmbedBrowserObject", "hWnd", $main)
   DllClose($cweb)
   EndFunc

go here for more info on the functions inside of the dll

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/I-N/ieprogram/article.php/c4379

:)

EDIT: also, just use the Dll in my zip i attached on my first post, and copy that dll into the same directory as this script i JUST posted

Edited by layer
FootbaG