Captcha

trancexx

This is probably totally opposite of what you thought it would be.

I could make it much harder to read.

Purpose? Maybe you don't want some things in your app/gui automated.

Script:

CaptchaControl.au3

How hard is to crack it? I don't have experience with this.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Looks good! I like it. Also very clean code structure!

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Moderators

trancexx,

Thank you for that - very instructive.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

How hard is to crack it? I don't have experience with this.

Not very hard.

An automated solver can keep asking for new captchas until it finds a simple one to solve like this one:

Posted Image

This can be run through standard OCR to get a reliable answer.

The random changing backgrounds are also not an issue, and only make it more annoying for the human participant (if any).

It wouldn't be hard to reverse engineer (I know this is prohibited, this is just a case study) your code and change/override the captcha step in the first place. But you probably know this better than me.. O.o

Not very hard.

An automated solver can keep asking for new captchas until it finds a simple one to solve like this one:

Posted Image

This can be run through standard OCR to get a reliable answer.

The random changing backgrounds are also not an issue, and only make it more annoying for the human participant (if any).

I can deal with that.

It wouldn't be hard to reverse engineer (I know this is prohibited, this is just a case study) your code and change/override the captcha step in the first place. But you probably know this better than me.. O.o

Really don't know what to say to this. I'm dazed.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I couldn't think of any uses for a captcha that runs solely on your machine. You have the captcha key as the original string in your memory, all you have to do is find it and enter it in the app.

'Uses' are irrelevant.

I modified the original script. It's much closer to unbreakable now. That includes dealing with string in memory.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Anything legible to a human is legible to a bot. If one of the OCR programs can't read it, then it's effectively impossible for a human to read it either. Automation detection should be done by other means, at least in a serious sense. For example, if you look at what this guy put together, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyzOUbkUf3M , it not only detects, but is capable of generating every possible legible iteration of a digit that it's trained to handle. The concept is easily extensible to include all standard letters, symbols, and numbers. OCR is better than humans at reading crappy handwriting, and captcha too. However, the hurdle for successfully implementing an anti-captcha system is the obscurity and technical requirements.

It would only take a couple weeks, though, probably less with the java OCR setup.

Awesome script. I'm looking at the opengl stuff, very nicely documented.

• 1 month later...

I like this but the letters are very hard to read and would get annoying to most people. Also it shouldn't be case sensitive. Most captchas aren't. That makes it very difficult and no one wants to try many times.

But very good UDF. Thx

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

I like this but the letters are very hard to read and would get annoying to most people. Also it shouldn't be case sensitive. Most captchas aren't. That makes it very difficult and no one wants to try many times.

But very good UDF. Thx

Well, this is an 'Example Scripts' forum.

You take the original script and change it the way you like it.

For example to make it case insensitive all you have to do is change line 480 (or something like that) to:

If _MD5(StringUpper(GUICtrlRead($hInput))) = $sCaptchaMD5 Then

The other thing is even simpler.

Glad you like it.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE