Windows 7 error on script

First time poster here but been using the program and it has been wonderful in automating tasks for end users that have trouble.

The latest project that I completed was one for Windows Vista and Windows 7. It will take an exported WLAN profile that has been compiled within the .exe and import it into windows. It has worked great in automating the setup of a wireless network with one little bug that really isn't a bug. After running my .exe on windows 7 it comes up with an error that is new to windows 7 and says that my program may not have installed correctly (even though everything works just fine). I just disregard that error by saying it did install correctly.

Not sure what it is about my script that makes that come up. I haven't ran many of the .exe i have created on windows 7 so I'm not sure if its a general error or just related to this script.

Here is my script:

DirCreate ("C:\Carroll HaloNet")

FileInstall("C:\Intel WiFi-HaloNet.xml", "C:\Carroll HaloNet\Intel WiFi-HaloNet.xml", 1)

run("netsh wlan delete profile HaloNet")

run('netsh wlan add profile filename="C:\Carroll HaloNet\Intel Wifi-HaloNet.xml"')

From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756937.aspx:

Excluding Programs from PCA

... The best option to exclude a program from PCA is to include, with the program, an application manifest with run level (either Administrator or as limited users) marking for UAC. This marking means the program is tested to work under UAC (and Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008). PCA checks for this manifest and will exclude the program. This process applies for both installer and regular programs.

Another option to exclude applications from PCA is to add the list of executable files with full path under the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Compatibility Assistant. The value name is ExecutablesToExclude, which is type REG_MULTI_SZ.

PCA automatically excludes programs running from network locations and programs containing fixes applied to them in the application compatibility databases.

A group policy setting is provided to disable PCA for all programs if desired. The name of the policy is Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant. It can be found under Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Application Compatibility in the group policy editor (gpedit.msc).

There are also individual policies to turn off specific scenarios. These policies are available under Administrative Templates\System\Troubleshooting and Diagnostics\Application Compatibility Diagnostics in the group policy editor.

• 1 year later...