Encrypt/Decrypt

bundyxc

I need an easy way to manage user login data on a computer, any ideas? I'm currently trying to manage all user data in an INI file, but passwords might be a little touchy with some people... :)

Any ideas?

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

Hmmm maybe in windows Vista you can see users by their folders on "C:\Users" and try write folder names to .ini

but if you wanna get pw :) then give up

I am sure there is easier way to get list of users. I think you dont have admin rights? xd

Uhh, what? Maybe I didn't explain myself. I'm trying to keep track of sensitive data, and need a way to store it. That's all. I'm looking at the _StringEncrypt() function though, so unless anybody has a better idea...

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

_StringEncrypt() is easily reversed as it is 2 way encryption. You need something better like:

SHA1,MD5,RC4,BASE64,CRC32

There is a UDF available around here.Search for it.

I'm storing these sensitive passwords to be retrieved later. Is there a better way to do this, other than INI files? If I encrypted them with a secure, 1-way encryption.. it wouldn't be of any use, as I wouldn't be able to retrieve it later.

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

In that case you should make your own 2 way encryption script that would encrypt the data.

Another thing is to RAR the INI file with password.

Hi,

just have a look at the freewaretool KeePass.

You can store for every user a lot of information and save the information file with a password.

This should be then a very strong one.

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

I'm storing these sensitive passwords to be retrieved later. Is there a better way to do this, other than INI files? If I encrypted them with a secure, 1-way encryption.. it wouldn't be of any use, as I wouldn't be able to retrieve it later.

If you download the latest beta you'll notice there are now several algorithms available for encrypting/decrypting.

However keep in mind that you need to keep the encryption key safe because if that key is compromised then the whole thing fails (maybe not if the users are very trivial users).

One one would be if the users are standard users, then you could save the encryption key in a place the standard users have no permissions then running your program as admin.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!