How can I List the Contents of a Directory?

How can I List the Contents of a Directory? I need be able to list both files AND folders within the directory.

I've had a look around the forums, but nothing seems to suit my needs.

Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

Or use the function _FileListtoArray

Example (from the helpfile):

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$FileList=_FileListToArray(@DesktopDir)
If @Error=1 Then
    MsgBox (0,"","No Folders Found.")
    Exit
EndIf
If @Error=4 Then
    MsgBox (0,"","No Files Found.")
    Exit
EndIf
_ArrayDisplay($FileList,"$FileList")
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Thanks, both methods work well, although I prefer the first method since it allows me to do whatever I want with the result, instead of just pushing it to an array...

Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

How would I detect what is a folder and what is a file?

Hi,

I would prefer _FileListToArray, because you can choose listing files / folders and you have an array to work with.

Otherwise you have to check with FileGetAttrib () -> see helpfile

Helpfile:

_FileListToArray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lists files and\or folders in a specified path (Similar to using Dir with the /B Switch)

;-))

Stefan

An array would be useless in the way I'm using it...and thanks for telling me about FileGetAttrib ()!

But how would I dectect the type properly if FileGetAttrib() returns a string like HD(Hidden + Directory)?