[SOLVED] SendKey without an echo

Hello all,

I would like to use AutoIt's SendKey function to type characters, without them appearing on screen. I have been looking for an optional parameter to the SendKey function itself, just as the ', 1' you add to send raw keystrokes, or for an AutoItSetOption option, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. Do anyone around how I could do that?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DeuxDeTension

what are you trying to work with? Game? app? We don't have enough to go on.

I use PuTTY the whole day long, to work remotely on Unix servers, and I'd like to automate as much possible the connection process, including (but not limited to) typing my password (yes, I know it's not a good idea, security-wise, but I'm getting fed up). Does this help?

Hello all,

I would like to use AutoIt's SendKey function to type characters, without them appearing on screen. I have been looking for an optional parameter to the SendKey function itself, just as the ', 1' you add to send raw keystrokes, or for an AutoItSetOption option, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. Do anyone around how I could do that?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see how the Send function itself could ever do what you ask. Think of it this way, the Send function has the very same restrictions as the keyboard. So, the Send function can ONLY do what you can to manually with the keyboard.

I don't think you can stop putty or any terminal program from displaying text injected by the SEND function. Sorry.

Edited by jamesband

OK, problem solved... very easily indeed, with a call to Sleep, with the appropriate delay found by trial and error, before sending the characters I don't want to see appearing on screen. This way, the remote machine has enough time to enter the state where it expects a password and doesn't echo what I send. Thanks to anyone who took the time to reply.

Another (related) question: how do I mark this topic as solved?

OK, problem solved... very easily indeed, with a call to Sleep, with the appropriate delay found by trial and error, before sending the characters I don't want to see appearing on screen. This way, the remote machine has enough time to enter the state where it expects a password and doesn't echo what I send. Thanks to anyone who took the time to reply.

Another (related) question: how do I mark this topic as solved?

Just edit your first post and put SOLVED at the beginning of the title. That should work ok.