Scrollbar Size

Hoodat

Is there any way to change the size of scrollbars? I need them but theyre too big. I looked through the included UDFs and cant find anything.

Scrollbars are drawn by the Windows API, not by AutoIt.

Manually on XP Pro SP3:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select properties.

2. Select the Appearance Tab, then click the Advanced button.

3. On the Advanced Appearance Dialog, select "Scrollbar" from the Item combobox

4. Adjust the Up/Down control for the scrollbar width in pixels.

If you can change them manually, then there must be a way to do it programatically, but I'm not sure where it is. This method changes ALL scrollbars drawn by Windows, not just a particular window's.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You could write an external MFC control that looks different than a generic scroll or you could do the paint completely by hand by sub-classing the control's message procedure though I have no idea what messages you'll need to handle which is possible to sniff using Spy++ or WinSpector. Another thing is to change the system wide settings as stated by PsaltyDS but it can be done programmatically.

Follow this function description, you're looking for SPI_SETNONCLIENTMETRICS. Search for examples about the function in the forum.

One thing you should consider is whether you want to change the system wide settings to make your application look fancy.