Mouse clicking on a color that apears

Hi guys,

How do I go about this? Its using pixelsearch. If a color appears, I want to hold the mouse down on it. I know the mouse commands, I just don't know how to go about the If and Thens to coordinate the mouse clicking when the color appears. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi guys,

How do I go about this? Its using pixelsearch. If a color appears, I want to hold the mouse down on it. I know the mouse commands, I just don't know how to go about the If and Thens to coordinate the mouse clicking when the color appears. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Can't really explain this without giving you all the code or seeing what you've tried...

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Well like I don't even know what kind of command to use to make the mouse cursor land on that color when it appears. For example in a message box, if someone messages me the tab turns red. How do I go about clicking the mouse on that red box when it turns red? I know how to set pixel search up to recognize that it does, so I can give it a coord to click somewhere that i designate but the tab might appear further down. In that case id like the cursor to click there. How would i go about doing that?

The problem I see with this,if I'm understanding you right, is that say in the case of the tabs on the massage box, the tabs pop up in random spots. So is there way, more or less, you could pixelsearch(x,y,x,y) and where ever the red tab pops up that is where the cursor clicks? The way I understand yours to work is if the color at that coordinate turns red then it clicks at that same coordinate. What I would like the function to do is click where ever in that search area it does turn red because it might happen at random locations.

$CoOrd = PixelSearch(30, 30,1024, 768, 0xff0000)   ; Looks for colour 0xff0000.
If Not @error Then ;If it exists then
MouseClick("Left", $Coord2[0], $Coord2[1], 1, 0) ;Clicks the first instance of that colour
else
MsgBox(0,"!","Could not find colur")
EndIf

I went home and looked at your code, how does it know where the color popped up? Does this code not just see that there is the color I'm looking for and I designate where to click? I am trying to make it click on that location that the color appears. Is this possible?

I went home and looked at your code, how does it know where the color popped up? Does this code not just see that there is the color I'm looking for and I designate where to click? I am trying to make it click on that location that the color appears. Is this possible?

From the help file on pixelsearch:

Return Value

Success: Returns a two-element array of pixel's coordinates. (Array[0] = x, Array[1] = y)

Failure: Sets @error to 1 if color is not found.

PixelSearch does not return a true or false that it found the color it returns the coordinates at which if found the color.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?Same thing we do every night Pinky try to automate the world.

From the help file on pixelsearch:

Return Value

Success: Returns a two-element array of pixel's coordinates. (Array[0] = x, Array[1] = y)

Failure: Sets @error to 1 if color is not found.

PixelSearch does not return a true or false that it found the color it returns the coordinates at which if found the color.

that's what I'm missing! Thanks!

PixelSearch outputs a two element array of where the designated colour was found, in this instance $coOrd[0] being x and $coOrd[1] being y

These variables can be used in place of putting a specific X and Y coordinate in the MouseClick command, the outcome being the script will perform a left mouse click where the colour was found

Also that script will run an error, here's a minor correction

$CoOrd = PixelSearch(30, 30,1024, 768, 0xff0000)   ; Looks for colour 0xff0000.
If Not @error Then ;If it exists then
MouseClick("Left", $CoOrd[0], $CoOrd[1], 1, 0) ;Clicks the first instance of that colour
else
MsgBox(0,"!","Could not find colur")
EndIf