Application within my Gui

sandyd

Hi Peeps,

Just wondering if this is possible?

Say I have a gui window, and I want to make my gui the parent of another application (say notepad), do we have commands to do this in AutoIt.

Oh and while I remember, whats the maximum amount of lines a multiline edit can hold?

Thanks in advance

----[ SandyD ]---

You need dllcalls, but yes you can do it :)

#include <guiconstants.au3>
Run ( "notepad.exe" )
WinWait ( "Untitled - " )
$notepad = WinGetHandle ( "Untitled - " )
$style = DllCall ( "user32.dll", "long", "GetWindowLong", "hwnd", $notepad, "int", -16 )    
$style = $style[0]
DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowLong", "hwnd", $notepad, "int", -16, "long", BitOR ( $style, $WS_CHILD ) )
$gui = GUICreate ( "Notepad", 300, 300 )
GUISetState ( )
DllCall ( "user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $notepad, "hwnd", $gui )
Sleep ( 3000 )
DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowLong", "hwnd", $notepad, "int", -16, "long", $style)
DllCall ( "user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $notepad, "hwnd", 00000000 )
Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Not quite what I had in mind.

I was looking to be able to use notepad as some sort of edit control within my gui.

I am viewing a big log file and the edit control doesn't show all the file.

Guess I'll have to spawn notepad to view it after all.

BTW, Does anyone know if autoit will be getting a richedit control?

----[ SandyD ]---