Tidy v 1.28.8

Jos

• Developers

Uploaded a new version of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/tidy.exe which supports the new operators in the Beta Autoit 3.1.1.7...

It will also be part of the next SciTE4Autoit3 installer but for those who cannot wait, just download the program to : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Tidy

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a new version of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/tidy.exe to support the new ComObject notation without added spaces..

It will also be part of the next SciTE4Autoit3 installer but for those who cannot wait, just download the program to : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Tidy

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 4 months later...

If you don't like the speed at which it gets the job done, then I suggest writing a better one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't like the speed at which it gets the job done, then I suggest writing code with formatting instead of relying on third party tools to account laziness.

Edit: Re-worded slightly to better match the style used by gafrost in his statement.

Edited by Valik

I'd love to but scite has horrible formatting and no one wants to format hundreds of lines of code manually. Look at Visual Studio - it perfectly formats your lines, and does it in real time. Could I do better? Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, so please, shutup.

I'd love to but scite has horrible formatting and no one wants to format hundreds of lines of code manually. Look at Visual Studio - it perfectly formats your lines, and does it in real time. Could I do better? Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, so please, shutup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can also present yourself as an ingrate endowned a powerful sense of entitlement, doesn't mean you have to, now does it ?

Cubehead

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use VS and Komodo, and frankley I could do with-out the auto-formating, nothing like putting in a line of code and hitting the enter key and having it trying to guess what your trying to do and guessing in-correctly, then having to indent or un-indent what the IDE did.

I would rather have the option of checking the format after the fact.

Just my 2 cents worth.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just because you are too stupid to figure out how to modify SciTE's settings to provide you with the formatting you wish does not mean you have the right to slam people's programs based on the language they are written in. You really stuck your foot in your mouth with the first comment because:
  • SciTE's formatting settings are written by JdeB.
  • Tidy is written by JdeB.
  • SciTE's real-time formatting is very similar if not identical to the output by Tidy (When both are configured correctly).
  • If you use Tidy, then SciTE can do it in real-time.
But that's just my opinion and if you don't agree, please shut up.

• Developers

Wow .. what happened here ... :dance:

autoit, thats why its so slow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slow versus Fast is a very relative thing....

I am sure the Tidy AutoiIt3 script (@theguy0000:source is included) does a LOT faster job then you ever be able to manually when doing formatting after the fact, like needed with many script(let)s posted on the board. I always do a Ctrl+T when Cutting&Pasting a script posted just to do some basic formatting and checking. Again a lot faster than my eyes&brain are capable of... especially finding the missing endif's etc...

If anybody has a faster version of Tidy with the same functionality and is willing to maintain it then just sent it and I'll put it into the installer replacing the current AutoIt3 script..... anytime....

If you don't like the speed at which it gets the job done, then I suggest writing a better one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to be clear: Not me ... :(

I wrote Tidy because I saw that as a nice challenge for me to learn the language better and produce something useful.... It only grew a bit bigger than intended :dance: My initial goal was only to have it fix the indentation.

I'd love to but scite has horrible formatting and no one wants to format hundreds of lines of code manually. Look at Visual Studio - it perfectly formats your lines, and does it in real time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't understand your problem.. assuming you have SciTE4AutoIt3 installed, auto indenting is switched on for au3 files and is working pretty well without too much effort, like Valik stated.. (not perfect for Select...EndSelect and Switch...EndSwitch ...but the rest is fine)

Final comment for those who think Tidy's speed is an issue: Please just don't use it and stop complaining.... save me from having to read it and spent time on it (and YES I read it because I care about the stuff I put out... )

Final comment for ryeguy:

Could I do better? Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, so please, shutup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its kind of cheap having an opinion about stuff you don't understand. Its like telling an unborn child to "get the hell out of there, you've been in there long enough!! " after 4.5 months. Its an opinion but kind of stupid.... :whistle: Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

fyi, just so you dont get the wrong impression from that bozo...

I happen to very much like scites autoformatting, and I use tidy alot when I get peoples scripts.

Dont think its underappreciated.

• Developers

Appreciate the positive comments but wasn't trying to fish for them ... [tongue in cheek] Sure.. :whistle: [/tongue in cheek]

[My Opinion]

The following comments are general, not just about this particular subject.

Just would like that some would stop giving their stupid opinion just because without even thinking what they are saying.....

We have here a group of people that do a lot of work for AutoIt just because they like the challenge and it would be decent if people stop "shooting from the hip" .. just because they have an opinion...

It is fine to have an opinion and voice ideas that contribute ...

But I guess I am an old fart that was taught these values way back when so somebody probably will reply "Thats not 2005"

[/My Opinion]

Success!  I'm rubbing off on JdeB, he's becoming confrontational.  Excellent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah.... not changing.. just being selective in the battles... Too long in the IT business to try to fight and win all battles, because 99 out of the 100 times there is really nothing to gain.... Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just because you are too stupid to figure out how to modify SciTE's settings to provide you with the formatting you wish does not mean you have the right to slam people's programs based on the language they are written in.  You really stuck your foot in your mouth with the first comment because:

• SciTE's formatting settings are written by JdeB.

• Tidy is written by JdeB.

• SciTE's real-time formatting is very similar if not identical to the output by Tidy (When both are configured correctly).

• If you use Tidy, then SciTE can do it in real-time.
But that's just my opinion and if you don't agree, please shut up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm stupid yet you're the tool that can't realize that the only similarities between scite and tidy are the indentation, and even THAT doesn't always work when you, for example, paste code in. Does Scite capitalize your functions and space out your operators and function paramaters for you? No it doesn't does it? Do you think he made tidy for fun? That's why it's an external program.

Let's use some of your points for why I'M stupid here for a second:

[*]SciTE's formatting settings are written by JdeB.

[*]Tidy is written by JdeB.

[*]SciTE's real-time formatting is very similar if not identical to the output by Tidy (When both are configured correctly).

Hmm, same guy, yet he makes a program that does the "very similar if not identical thing" as scite huh? That's funny, because I know that I sure would make a program that takes many seconds to format and probably took a really long time to code to do something that's already done for me in real time! Since you seem to be incompetent, let me summarize: Scite can't do half of what Tidy can do. Tidy does what Visual Studio does in real time. I like the program but I've seen better.

To clear things up:

Jdeb, I don't hate you or your program, all I was saying is that I wish scite did what VS does, which is what your program does but in non-realtime.

Valik, you need to chill out and stop flexing your e-muscles when you don't even have any common sense whatsoever, let alone a point to your argument.

Have a nice day, I'm done with this thread. :whistle: