Difference between Window Info app and WinGetText

I'm trying to automate an application, and the Window Info tool shows "Visible Text" that I am unable to get *completely* using WinGetText or ControlGetText. These functions return truncated results; varying around 10-14 leading characters of the various snippets of text found in the window.

What method does the Window Info tool use to get the window text, or in what way is it post-processing that text, that makes it completely visible?

The latest stable release and the latest beta behave identically.

Code? Post the output for the window info tool as well...

I've read that there are "issues" with QWidgets, but if the Window Info tool can see the text, then shouldn't WinGetText?

(there is a minor time difference in my execution of the script and the window info data, hence the 8/21 seconds...)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

yea i think it might be, i've never seen the Window Info tool return anything other than what you could get yourself via WinGetText, and i've used it quite alot.

its almost like they are reading two different windows...

EDIT: try using ClipPut($text) and after it executes paste the contents into a notepad window or scite, it could be the message box thats clipping it for some strange reason...i'll test it with a few things and see what i come up with

EDIT 2: yea i've got nothing :S

Edited by Kealper