Need help with FF.au3

Hi guys, I am new here and I want ask you about FF.au3.. You can find it on http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95595&st=0&p=687337&#entry687337

1.Question - Where to put FF.au3? Desktop or where?

2.Question - _FFSearch, where to insert search string? code example: #Include <FF.au3>

_FFSearch($sSearchString[, $bCaseSensitive = false[, $bBackwards = false[, $bWrapAround = true[, $bWholeWord = false[, $bSearchInFrames = true]]]]]) more info: http://english.documentation.ff-au3.thorsten-willert.de/ff_functions/_FFSearch.php

Thx :)

Like Volly says, you have to start by learning the basics. Open the help file and start there. This is now 3 threads where you have shown no real effort at writing the code and you have offered 2$ for someone to do it and in another thread 10$ for someone to do it.

You won't get someone to write it for you and if you don't show some serious effort you won't get any help either.

All three of your threads (in ~24 hours) have been about the same thing and asking multiple times will only serve to irritate people and responses will become increasingly unfriendly.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Put it in the AutoIt3\Include folder which is usually C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include.

If you can't do that you are in way over your head. BTW the answer was in the help file under the keyword "#include" so ask again and you will get a different suggestion about where to put it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Okay, okay sorry.. where to put FF.au3 ?

Hi Cherries, I don't think you have much experience in programming yet so I'll avoid confusing programming terms and try to make some analogies here with physical things.

Building a successful program or script, in many ways, is like hand crafting a wooden chair. Before you can start building your chair, you need to know and have a few things.

You need to have a knowledge of wood working, a knowledge over every tool you are going to use, you need knowledge on the different types of wood there are. Then you need to have the actual tools and wood available. In order to create a nice chair, not only do you need to know these things, but you also need to be good at them.

What you want to do is build an exceptionally "nice chair". Not anyone can make this without any knowledge or experience. It will take you a long time to learn what you need to be able to craft such a nice chair, and it will take you several failed attempts.

Here's a catch, though. Other people are not going to create this chair for you for free, and on these forums not for money either, it takes them much hard work and dedication to gain the necessary tools and skills. It's the same with writing software, and I dare to say that learning how to program well takes considerably longer than learning woodworking.

We can only provide you with the basic resources, which describe how you can learn and how to use the tools. However, you will have to put effort into creating this yourself, your first tasks is to acquire the necessary skill. You must learn basic programming, you must learn about the different tools you will need, and you must become good at using them.

Volly has already provided you with some tutorials, and I'd like to add these ( http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Tutorials ) to that list.

Well, many programming languages are somewhat the same in structure.

For example, AutoIt uses If statements.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords/IfElseEndIf.htm

PHP also uses them.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_if_else.asp

Understanding the basics of AutoIt is not difficult. Use the tutorials, 123, and helpfile, and you will be fine.

Okay,I know I pissed off everybody in this forum... I am just wanted to say SORRY. Now I will never double post, I am starting new page, new au3 ;D. Already read tutorials. I WILL MAKE THIS SCRIPT

At the moment what I have:

#Include <FF.au3>
WinWaitActive("This is some text. - Google Paieška - Mozilla Firefox")
_FFSearch($sSearchString[, $bCaseSensitive = false[, $bBackwards = false[, $bWrapAround = true[, $bWholeWord = false[, $bSearchInFrames = true]]]]])

Damn.. But I get error.. Any ideas?

Okay,I know I pissed off everybody in this forum... I am just wanted to say SORRY. Now I will never double post, I am starting new page, new au3 ;D. Already read tutorials. I WILL MAKE THIS SCRIPT

At the moment what I have:

#Include <FF.au3>
WinWaitActive("This is some text. - Google Paieška - Mozilla Firefox")
_FFSearch($sSearchString[, $bCaseSensitive = false[, $bBackwards = false[, $bWrapAround = true[, $bWholeWord = false[, $bSearchInFrames = true]]]]])

Damn.. But I get error.. Any ideas?

Your call to _FFSearch() is entirely wrong. Everything between "(" and ")" is a parameter that you must provide. If they have a "[" in front of them they are optional parameters.

So the way to call that would be

$sSearch = "The text you want to find"
_FFSearch($sSearch)

George

Whooo! Worked :).. Moving on..

I got this code at the moment:

#Include <FF.au3>

_FFStart("http://autoitscript.com")

If _FFIsConnected() Then
    $sStringToSearch = "Informationen"

If _FFSearch($sStringToSearch) Then
        MsgBox(0,"Found:", $sStringToSearch)
    Else
        _FFSearch($sStringToSearch)
    EndIf

Else
    MsgBox(0,"Error:", "Can't connect to FireFox!")
EndIf

If I made this script right, it will non stop search for "Informationen" while in HTML is set to refresh every 3 seconds, I am right?

EDIT:Ohhh no.. Damn.. It exits ;). How to make it to non stop search?

Edited by Cherries

Whooo! Worked :).. Moving on..

I got this code at the moment:

#Include <FF.au3>

_FFStart("http://autoitscript.com")

If _FFIsConnected() Then
    $sStringToSearch = "Informationen"

If _FFSearch($sStringToSearch) Then
        MsgBox(0,"Found:", $sStringToSearch)
    Else
        _FFSearch($sStringToSearch)
    EndIf

Else
    MsgBox(0,"Error:", "Can't connect to FireFox!")
EndIf

If I made this script right, it will non stop search for "Informationen" while in HTML is set to refresh every 3 seconds, I am right?

EDIT:Ohhh no.. Damn.. It exits ;). How to make it to non stop search?

Put the _FFSearch in a loop and if the text isnt't updated via AJAX then also a Sleep and _FFAction("reload).