Reading from a command line window

snbdr02

Hello all,

First I would like to thank everyone on the forums because with your help I was able to complete 99% of this script that I am working on.

I am building a boot disk using multiple virus scanners. I want to automate the entire process and I have figured most of it out. The only hang up that I am coming across now is that the last program that I run, when the scan starts it opens a command window. I need to be able to read from the command line window, a string that says "Clean completed." before I can move on with the rest of the script. I have been looking into Stdoutread but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm slow today so I need a headstart. How are you calling the Command window or what are you calling to get the command window?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Unless this gui tool instantiates the command shell window itself via AllocConsole(), it is likely that it executes a separate binary that performs the scan which happens to be a console app.

If so, find this separate program (TaskManager), find out if it has any commandline parameters, and if possible cut the gui out of the equation and automate the console app.

[semi-related]

If I have a program that I think has commandline parameters but has no documentation, I normally do a string dump of the binary with strings.exe (part of the bloodshed Dev++ compiler distribution), to at least give yourself something to work with.(plus it is faster than using a hex editor or monitoring the app at runtime.)

This won't help you if the program has been packed however, but it is more effective than you might think.

[semi-related]

Vlad

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png