Trying to remove my tracks

Preston

I am trying to have a script delete itself when it is done running. I haven't had much success with it. I've tried using Run and FileDelete. I tried run with a ping command and then a delete command but I guess it must wait for the child process to close. I thought that Run would just throw it out there and let it go? Is there any way to do this? Basically the script will give admin for one day and when it is finished I want it to delete itself.

Thank you,

Preston

The task is simple, and has been detailed here before.

"Trying to remove my tracks" and "give admin for one day and ... delete itself" gives the whole thing an unsavory malicious air though.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

"Trying to remove my tracks" and "give admin for one day and ... delete itself" gives the whole thing an unsavory malicious air though.

:)

And I thought it was just me.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

And I thought it was just me.

lol i guess it does.... there's no malice intended. i have a user with a laptop that needs to install a printer at their house. they only have user privileges though and HP won't let you use runas to install the software/driver. thus the need for admin for a day. the remove my tracks part is just so that the user can't exploit the script. if you guys have a better idea then i'm more than open to it :) . besides, i used my business email and real name to make this account. not so smart for a hackser ;)

ty for the help

Preston

OK, look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314486

What this talks about is installing a printer using command line. You can fix it there.

A second way is simply elevate his privileges to power user using command line. have them install the printer, then remove power user rights.

A third way is simply log into the PC remotely and do the install

Edited by Volly

OK, look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314486

What this talks about is installing a printer using command line. You can fix it there.

A second way is simply elevate his privileges to power user using command line. have them install the printer, then remove power user rights.

A third way is simply log into the PC remotely and do the install

Hey Volly,

That's a good idea but the printer is a USB attached printer. I know that when they plug it in windows tries to install it and the drivers and stops due to lack of admin. The user is not very good with computers so that is what made me decide to go with HP's packaged driver/software. Then the install becomes "logon, run autoitscript, logoff and back on, double click HP software.

The remote in would work as well. Good idea. If i can't get this script to go then i might try that.

Thank you for your help.

Preston