RUNDLL32 Help

I am hoping that someone has come across this in the past:

Scenario: A long long time ago in a galaxy far away... someone decided that is would be a good idea to disable outlook express on a windows XP machine by renaming, and deleting a bunch of files and hacking up the registry to remove the app from existance.

Now the org is migrating from Novell Groupwise to Microsoft Exchange. In order to get the workstations that were hacked up, to function properly with outlook, we need to manually re-install outlook express by reversing what was done. part of the process entails running 3 inf files from the command line.

Here is what I have come up with so far:

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection Defaultinstall 132 msoe50.inf", @ScriptDir & "\Install")

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection Defaultinstall 132 oeexcep.inf", @ScriptDir & "\Install")

Run("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection Defaultinstall 132 wab50.inf", @ScriptDir & "\Install")

The inf's launch fine, but, they are asking for the install media. Not good. The Inf's are provided by Microsoft, and right clicking on them and selecting install works just fine.

I have somewhere between 3000-5000 out of about 20,000 workstations scattered up and down the eastern seaboard where this needs to be accomplished. Which is the reason for the script. So it's not like I can just drop the desk and pop in the disk.

If any one can offer any idea on how to over come the issue with windows asking for the install media, I would be greatfull.

Thanks Million

Is the folder where the infs are located in the path?

The inf's are in an install directory below the loction of the script.

@scriptdir & "\Install"

I thought of trying to re-direct the windows source directory to the scriptpath, but to get that to work proprerly requires a reboot. I'll have to see if this is possible.

remap the source path, reboot, install, map back and reboot. Nobody thought to put a copy of the i386 directory on the local machines. That would have ben too easy!